NAD JVM410hjs

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Well I received my new to me JVM410hjs! Awesome amp! I already own the JVM410h which is a great amp too. However there seems to be enough difference between the two that I would say they are almost totally different amplifiers. I think both the 410h and 410hjs are great and both serve their own purpose. I wont say one is better than the other except that the 410hjs fits my style of music better. I have finally found the tones I like! I was using a HD500x 4 cable method but compared and decided to use my eleven rack with the Marshall instead. Anyway very happy with the 410hjs. Wish it had reverb and I actually prefer the clean channel on the 410h. However I do love the built it noise gates and they seem to work perfectly. I can also use the reverb in the eleven rack if needed.

cediop

Reaction score
Well I received my new to me JVM410hjs! Awesome amp! I already own the JVM410h which is a great amp too. However there seems to be enough difference between the two that I would say they are almost totally different amplifiers. I think both the 410h and 410hjs are great and both serve their own purpose. I wont say one is better than the other except that the 410hjs fits my style of music better. I have finally found the tones I like! I was using a HD500x 4 cable method but compared and decided to use my eleven rack with the Marshall instead. Anyway very happy with the 410hjs. Wish it had reverb and I actually prefer the clean channel on the 410h. However I do love the built it noise gates and they seem to work perfectly. I can also use the reverb in the eleven rack if needed.

Nice! Awsome that you like your new amp.

When I was bying mine I came to the same conclusion as you did, the hjs fits my style more. The noice gates is a good addition to the amp and as you said works great. I'm not realy lacking the reverb because I can't stand the digital one on the normal 410h.

I found that the amp has too much features for me(pretty much only using orange crunch:lol:), but it's a great amp for covering alot of diffrent styles... I'm actualy in the abouts of selling mine to finance either a 2203/2204 or a plexi (those fit my way of doing things more:naughty:)

Anyway, hope you like it and it stays that way:lol:
rock on! :hbang:

Big_Al

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new amp! I have a JVM410H and have been thinking about the JS. I like the 410H except on the OD channels, I do not cut through the mix and our other guitarist is killing me with his 5150 III. I have tried lowering the gain and different eq settings, guitar and pickup combinations but I am still getting killed by the EVH.
Would you say the JS has more oomph/balls on the OD channels compared to the regular JVM?

Mockingbird

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new amp! I have a JVM410H and have been thinking about the JS. I like the 410H except on the OD channels, I do not cut through the mix and our other guitarist is killing me with his 5150 III. I have tried lowering the gain and different eq settings, guitar and pickup combinations but I am still getting killed by the EVH.
Would you say the JS has more oomph/balls on the OD channels compared to the regular JVM?

Mate, get a JS - stick a Bad Monkey (level max, gain zero ) in front and you will slay the EVH just on crunch orange & red.

You will also cut like a knife through butter !

lovehifi

Reaction score
Im going to leave that question to someone that has used both in a gig or practice situation as I only use mine for playing at home. To me they both have oomph but whether one cuts through the mix better than the other. Just don't know.

spacerocker

Reaction score
Pity they lost the excellent digital "plate" reverb from the JVM410. Can see why the noise gates are a good idea, but it could so easily have had both!.....

Maybe in the next model?......

Mockingbird

Reaction score
Pity they lost the excellent digital "plate" reverb from the JVM410. Can see why the noise gates are a good idea, but it could so easily have had both!.....

Maybe in the next model?......[/QUOTE

What the JS has over a standard more than makes up for the reverb (which I didn't think was that great anyway !)

spacerocker

Reaction score

Maybe in the next model?......[/QUOTE

What the JS has over a standard more than makes up for the reverb (which I didn't think was that great anyway !)

I'm sure I would have preferred a JS model to the stock JVM if one had been available at the time....

Still a shame about the reverb, though IMO - I don't understand what people don't like about the JVM 'verb? Maybe it's not "in your face" enough, or "big" enough for some tastes - but I don't think those sort of reverbs work well with a rock sound, anyway!

What I like about the JVM reverb is that it is clear, but fairly "tight" and well-controlled so that it doesn't swamp the sound completely!

I have a whole host of reverbs in my MIDIVERB (which I initially bought for the multi-effects mainly) - but, impressive as they are, most of this time I prefer the built-in JVM reverb!

lovehifi

Reaction score
You're gonna love this amp, it's my main gigging amp which has taken over from my 2555.
I may be in the honeymoon phase but I already love it. Its amazing and just perfect for the music I play and the tones I was after. I use an eleven rack through the effects loop for reverb, EQ and other stuff as needed. I couldn't be happier and it sounds great to me whether I'm playing my Strat or Les Paul. Does great on bedroom or lower volume level playing too.

nkay

Reaction score

This is what happened to me with my original JVM 410, sounded great at home, but cranked up in a band, I just disappeared on the OD channels.
Got a JVM HJS and it fixed all that.

However, now I'm gassing for a 5150III as I want more tight gain ;)

Mockingbird

Reaction score
This is what happened to me with my original JVM 410, sounded great at home, but cranked up in a band, I just disappeared on the OD channels.
Got a JVM HJS and it fixed all that.

However, now I'm gassing for a 5150III as I want more tight gain ;)

Just stick a Bad Monkey in front - hey presto everything tighter when you need it !

nkay

Reaction score
Just stick a Bad Monkey in front - hey presto everything tighter when you need it !

Got a Bad Monkey already, I'm just tired of using a pedal.
I went to try another used 5150III tonight, and while it sounded a bit tighter, I still felt it might have needed a boost depending on the pickup.
And I also missed those Marshall high mids ;)

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
I have absolutely no reason for pedals in front of my 5150iii with any of my guitars. Mine was biased cold from the factory though as I've read many were. After a rebias to 60mv it's pretty convincing. I also have tried a couple different speaker combos and that made a big difference. It's a great amp.

Edit: sorry op. The JVMjs is muy good I'm sure, I've not even seen one.

Latest posts