Nad! Marshall Dsl40cr

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Just bought a new Marshall DSL40CR. Replacing a Friedman Smallbox 50. Love the Friedman but just more amp than I need since I just play at home. Tried the DSL in the store and it sounded just okay. It was in a big showroom placed high on a shelf. At least it sounded good enough that I felt it was worth a try at home since they have a 45 day return policy. My expectations were not high though. Got it home and hooked it up to my two Celestion Alinco Cream 90s. I am pleasantly surprised at how good this amp sounds. I really did not expect much especially coming off the Friedman and I was wrong. Still dialing in the EQ and settings but so far I say its a keeper! Good job Marshall.
DSC03048.jpg

Pat6969

Reaction score
I agree. I was reading a Mini Jubilee thread and started to doubt my decision to buy the 40CR. I went to the store and demo'd the MJ combo today and my DSL sounds better to me. Probably the small cab had a lot to do with it. I was full on ready to return the DSL and plop another $800 (Canadian) down for the Jub but that won't be happening! I might get roasted for even saying this but to my ears it wasn't worth the extra scratch.