NAD! New to me Marshall

• Thread starter Sunflake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Buc McMaster

Reaction score
So tell use about that one. The only Marshalls I'm familiar with are old school.....Super Lead, etc. It's solid state? Single 12? That closed back ought to sound tight.

Happy New Amp Day!

Sunflake

Reaction score
HNAD @Sunflake, looks in great shape!

Those Avt50s’ get good reviews everywhere, good bang for the buck. I bought an Avt20 over 22 years ago, still got it.

You can see it in this pic,…

@scozz How are the AVT 20? I’ve heard they sound great and have a lot of punch for their size.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@scozz How are the AVT 20? I’ve heard they sound great and have a lot of punch for their size.
Well I used to love it, but it seems my taste have been changing over the past few years. It does sound good through a 12” Greenback cab I’ve got.

The amps 10” speaker has been lacking and sounding a bit boxy to me for a while now. I haven’t been using the amp much at all a lately.

My other amps sound better than the Avt20 does through its 10” speaker, through the 12” Greenback cab, it can keep up pretty good.

The amp has an upgraded Celestion G10 Vintage I put in years ago, in place of the stock speaker.

I was thinking about trying a 10” Greenback, but it’s $125, and the amps not worth much more than that, maybe not even that! Sooo, I don’t know about that.

The other amps that I favor and use most of the time, are a Dsl1hr and a Studio 800.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
At one point in time I had 2 full stacks of them. I sold the first stack to make room for a new origin 50 H that was going to take its place, the second one was turned into the half stack in the pic, my buddies band at the time had a pretty decent guitar player, but he was playing out of a unreliable amp with poor tone. So I brought it over and he purchased it, my grandson and I had them for other people to play, and I thought they would be better off with someone who would play them as intended.
That was the only reason why I sold them.

Cheers
Mitch

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha! I had the 20w and 50w models of that map in 2002, before I started going all TSL and Mesa Rectoverb and Dual Rectifier for live gigs. Got 'em from MARS Music, anyone remember that chain? They're nice maps for what they're trying to be, and were the final series of the Valvesates before they came out with the MG series. I used my 50 for band rehearsals for a while before we started gigging that band. It served me well. Congrats! :yesway: