[NAD] Silver Jubilee 2525h

• Thread starter Maxbrothman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Regarding your SD-1 comment or question I record all of my left-hand tracks straight out of the amp and then use the SD-1 (with settings Level 9 Tone 10 Drive 0) on the right. Gives a great stereo sound. Learned this from Rick Beato.

Love my 2525! Oh - and I have e 2x12 with a Vintage in the bottom and a Greenback in the top.
I'll try that out.

V30 at the bottom for the chest thump and greenback on top for the ears seem to be the combination to go for I would think after all this time playing. Those Friedman cab X combinations of V30 and Greenbacks don't make sense to me because of that but maybe I am outta my head saying that.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,…

Congrats man, cool that you have all three Studio amps. If I had all three, I think I would have all the amps I would want.

Even though I’m not a big fan of the Jubilee, partly because I not a fan of channel switching amps, it fits nicely in the Studio line.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,…

Congrats man, cool that you have all three Studio amps. If I had all three, I think I would have all the amps I would want.

Even though I’m not a big fan of the Jubilee, partly because I not a fan of channel switching amps, it fits nicely in the Studio line.

I think the whole channel switching idea on this amp doesn't get a lot of love if you want to go between both mid-song. Owning two amps for that seems to be the way to go. At the moment I have my neck pickup set cleaner than my bridge pickup which is working out except when I need to dial it up a bit for more. I am still new to this amp though.

People have been crying out for lower-wattage Marshall amps that sound the same as their bigger brothers for a long time. I was one of them. So now that they are here there is no reason to cry, except for the crazy prices music gear companies charge for stuff, which is a whole other depressing topic in its own right. I think if anyone loves the Marshall sound then it is time to stop putting stuff up your nose, turning stuff into smoke, or releasing large amounts of stomach processed liquids down the toilet and put those funds into the Studio series instead... and you could probably own some really nice guitars also on top of that. I figured out that if drug addicts needed to sell their gear to get drugs then maybe not using drugs can buy the same gear. I am not a prude or anti-drugs and booze BTW. I am just finding ways in which people can afford this stuff and I bet that's one of them!

Jubilant

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,…

Good day Scozz,
I bet if we all got together for a jam session we could win you over.If not to fully embracing the jubilee at least liking it more than you do now.And if all else fails at least it would be a good time to be had by everyone!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day Scozz,
I bet if we all got together for a jam session we could win you over.If not to fully embracing the jubilee at least liking it more than you do now.And if all else fails at least it would be a good time to be had by everyone!
Hahaha, maybe I would Dan, maybe I would! Besides the channel switching, the slightly dark tone of the Jub is something else that I’m not really onboard with.

But, jammin’ with a few guys using Jubilees,… I would definitely be in on that Dan!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
. ……..These Studios with the low power stage setting do give the impression it's a Marshall for your home use, but as we all know, that's simply not going to happen if you want PT distortion and retain your hearing and love of neighbors……..
Well that’s not totally true, these Studio amps most certainly can be used at home safely and not disturb the neighbors.

I have an SC20 and I’m an at home player these days, it sounds great at low volumes. Also, power tube overdrive is certainly attainable using an attenuator.

After owning the amp for a few months I decided to get a Weber Minimass 50 attenuator to use to really drive the power tubes. Once again sounds great, and I’m able to dine the amp at home if I like.

But even without the attenuator I can easily play at home with no problem, driving the power tubes a bit. Also, the SC20 has a phenomenal master volume.

My buddy @pedecamp is also an at home player mostly, and he owns an SV20 and a 2204, and a1959 Plexi!

Soooo,….

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Well that’s not totally true, these Studio amps most certainly can be used at home safely and not disturb the neighbors.

I have an SC20 and I’m an at home player these days, it sounds great at low volumes. Also, power tube overdrive is certainly attainable using an attenuator.

After owning the amp for a few months I decided to get a Weber Minimass 50 attenuator to use to really drive the power tubes. Once again sounds great, and I’m able to dine the amp at home if I like.

But even without the attenuator I can easily play at home with no problem, driving the power tubes a bit. Also, the SC20 has a phenomenal master volume.

My buddy @pedecamp is also an at home player mostly, and he owns an SV20 and a 2204, and a1959 Plexi!

Soooo,….

I don't disagree with you, because I myself have an attenuator and don't use the low power on these amps because of that. In fact, I have two attenuators with the second one able to do a full dial rather than being limited to stages like my first one. So I get more range to find what is suitable.

What I am talking about is that PT distortion one-trick pony that I think a lot of people would be getting the SC20 for. The cranking and an OD in front. The 80s metal and thrash tones. I wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone that the SC20 on low setting for that type of use is home friendly. I would certainly suggest an attenuator. Now if you aren't using these for that level of PT distortion then I get you probably don't have to worry about that so much and have it on low power stage setting. I just couldn't in good conscious say home use isn't going to be too loud without also recommending an attenuator for what I am describing. Then they can play any amp they amp in any dialing they want as long as it can manage the wattage load.

That's just me. Maybe others don't have such a problem with that in which case, more power to them.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
GnrMedleysmall.jpg

So I wanted to try some GnR medley this morning. That is an Epiphone 50s LP with Probuckers 1 and 2, PAF type pickups considered to be on the less sensitive end of the Epiphone LP collection with PAF types.

This is raw. Low mode. Direct to amp. No pedals. No pedalboard. Just a tried and true SM57 directly aimed at the Creamback's middle. V30 is under it. There is no EQ processing done at all. No DAW needed. Just record and cut together. This is what I got from it.

Is that close to Slash or not?

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
... and if that didn't do it for you, then here is a clip of Axl Rose accidentally scaring the shit out Slash at a live gig.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

Soooo,….
I had a chance to jam with the band tonight and it was glorious! :yesway:

Last edited:

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
So what I did today was switch out the 50s LP guitar which was probably too low output. I went to the other end with EMG to see what it does. Added reverb.

This is a sample of Evil Never Dies from Judas Priest.

Maybe now it is too hot, but I have some passive hotter pickups and may try those instead.

Seems this amp is very responsive to your pickups and guitar type.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score

EMGs My Michelle GnR

Everything is the same except for 3 things.

Hi mode instead of low mode (plus external attenuator).

EMGs on an LP

Plate reverb.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
This is what I tried by doing a section of night train.
Same again, nothing different.

Edit: Opps wrong track.

This one...

Last edited:

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
So what I have now is changed from active EMGs down to passive humbuckers that are hot.

I think this tone is the closest I have got so far without crunch loss (50s LP) and too hot (EMGs LP).

Part of rocket queen

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
I played so many hours of GnR today that I decided to switch at the end to see if I could get a bit of ozzy in there.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if it is this amp that is more sensitive to guitar changes or is it just me? I don't know because of the subjective factor.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if it is this amp that is more sensitive to guitar changes or is it just me? I don't know because of the subjective factor.
Your in a better position to sort this, having the other two studio's at hand. With my Jubes, I do adjust the input gain to the guitar. For example, my Charvel needs less input gain than my 62 strat. It's not much adjustment. It little will do ya.