NAD SV20H

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
After such a long wait, congratulations. :dude: Looks like you jumper yours the same way I've been doing mine (bottom left to top right)...I then swap between which input I use for the guitar as some suit the top left and others the bottom right.

Funny that I've just rotated my heads around and put my Mini Jubilee 2525H back and put the SV20H away. Quite different amps, but both useful in their own ways.

I might take my SV20H to the rehearsal studio tomorrow night as they have some 4x12 cabs it sounds good through. :)

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Damn it, the presence pot is making a bunch of noise when turning it, kind of reminds me of that sound when you blow into a mic. What to do.......maybe call the store and have them order me another one and swap this one in when it comes in. :pissed:

On a positive note, I'm still digging it, making plans to redo my home made Orange cab if you remember when I built that, and turn it into an SV20 cab with greenbacks this weekend. :yesway:

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
That presence knob noise is normal (it's mentioned in the manual apparently). Since you don't normally move it when playing it doesn't matter really. It came up in the main SV20H thread recently, so no point calling the store to change it. Just carry one playing it and digging it. :)

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn it, the presence pot is making a bunch of noise when turning it, kind of reminds me of that sound when you blow into a mic. What to do.......maybe call the store and have them order me another one and swap this one in when it comes in. :pissed:

On a positive note, I'm still digging it, making plans to redo my home made Orange cab if you remember when I built that, and turn it into an SV20 cab with greenbacks this weekend. :yesway:
Take it easy ped it’s going to be fine brother

Michael Roe

Reaction score

I did a vid on it a while ago.
Does it sound like this?
If so it is normal!

Michael Roe

Reaction score
Why is that considered normal? Did you try spraying it?
That sound in the vid is completely normal. It is typical of the plexi circuit to do that. Remember, you probably will not be twisting that knob while playing.
You could ask one of the amp tech gurus on this site to give you a more descriptive reason for it but from what I remember it has something to do with there being a DC voltage on that pot.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
You're all over the place here Mitch, does anybody else have a noisy presence pot? Do some digging for me and find out, thanks buddy!
I have to agree with kelvinS
As I have also read it here on the SV classic thread, it’s a normal occurrence, I am willing to bet my origin does the same thing if that’s the only knob you’re twisting.
I will have a go with it and get back to ya!
Cheers Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok my Dsl40c’s are quiet
My origin is quiet, I can in the next day or so have my buddy John try his and see if it’s the same as yours.
Cheers Mitch

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Ok my Dsl40c’s are quiet
My origin is quiet, I can in the next day or so have my buddy John try his and see if it’s the same as yours.
Cheers Mitch
Somebody have a Super Lead, does it do it on that? Or is just these small amps?

Latest posts