Nad!!

• Thread starter Pat6969
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Got this a few days ago and thought I would wait to post until I knew it was a keeper. It's a KEEPER!! Been looking for a Marshall I could love and this is it. Went through the KK, JVM210H, DSL and finally this one. I'm a high gain junky but I like to have some classic rock tones as well. This thing delivers!! The midi switching is spot on as well with instant channel changes. I'm super happy with this head pumping through a 1960A cab. Didn't care for it with my V30 cab but still want to try GB's.

Attachments

• IMG_1575[1].jpg
    IMG_1575[1].jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1576[1].jpg
    IMG_1576[1].jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 59

dreyn77

Reaction score
WOW! You should now be able to pat yourself on the head and back twice!! :) well done head and bac!

(opps, I mean 'cab')

Pat6969

Reaction score
Man I'm liking this head!! Hate it with the V30's but the G12T-75's sound killer. Any other speaker recommendations for me to try?

jack daniels

Reaction score
Man I'm liking this head!! Hate it with the V30's but the G12T-75's sound killer. Any other speaker recommendations for me to try?

There's something to be said for amps that are capable of putting out approximately 160 watts or so into a quad of G12-75T's. The Marshall ali panel amps can put out the juice, but have (extended high mid range response according to Aspen Pittman - GT). Being that the Vintage 30's have a lot of mids already, you can get "swamped" in the mids when using these heads. Then all those extra mids become overkill.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Ended up installing a matched quad of Mesa EL34's in this head. Man it sounds killer!! I searched high and low for other tubes but no one had a matched quad other than the Mesa's. Not sure what they are or where they are made but they sound great!! I'm loving this thing more every day. The Dual Rec sits it the corner envious!!:shred: BTW, I ended up biasing to 70mV which is what I read in the biasing thread over at JVM forum. Is this correct? Sounds good!!

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Ended up installing a matched quad of Mesa EL34's in this head. Man it sounds killer!! I searched high and low for other tubes but no one had a matched quad other than the Mesa's. Not sure what they are or where they are made but they sound great!! I'm loving this thing more every day. The Dual Rec sits it the corner envious!!:shred: BTW, I ended up biasing to 70mV which is what I read in the biasing thread over at JVM forum. Is this correct? Sounds good!!

Every time I've bought Mesa branded tubes either STR440 6L6 or EL34's I've been very satisfied. Mesa knows how to sort and test them very well. Never had a failure with their tubes and always sound superb and easy to bias because of their superb matching process. I have 2 900DR heads with each a quad of the Mesa 6L6's in them and they rock huge.
70mv per side is spot-on. Congrats on the very fine JVM ! To me the G12T75 = great speakers. I have an original 90's JCM900 Lead 1960 cab with those spkrs and it rocks big with ANY head I hook-up to it. :applause:

Reaction score
Congrats, goose the front end w/ a clean boost on Crunch red, eq straight up, turn the resonance and presence to zero and hold on.:shred:

Also, recommend sticking w/ 75s.

If you're happy w/ them, you won't like the bottom end loss from GBs.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Congrats, goose the front end w/ a clean boost on Crunch red, eq straight up, turn the resonance and presence to zero and hold on.:shred:

Also, recommend sticking w/ 75s.

If you're happy w/ them, you won't like the bottom end loss from GBs.

I've always boosted my tube amps to get the sound I was looking for. This one get's it straight out of the box!! Love it!!

dreyn77

Reaction score
yeah, mesa, I like them. at $280 for 2 valves when compared to real valves at 30 dollars each.

the problem is mesa can't be in more than one location to make sure the price is right. reputations are not global. they're know as crooks in lots of locations and a contract is where the dirty work happens. stop signing the contracts mesa. ;)

Pat6969

Reaction score
yeah, mesa, I like them. at $280 for 2 valves when compared to real valves at 30 dollars each.

the problem is mesa can't be in more than one location to make sure the price is right. reputations are not global. they're know as crooks in lots of locations and a contract is where the dirty work happens. stop signing the contracts mesa. ;)

I don't know, the two packs of Mesa 6L6 and EL34's were the same as the two packs of GT's they had.

Pat6969

Reaction score
I bet you're happy with your new JVM !! Cool !!

Same here, thank you Marshall !!! (and Mesa for the Mark V... lol!)

Yes, don't think I'll ever sell my reborn Dual Rec but for right now it's watching the Marshall go balls to the wall!!:shred: