• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NCD: Marshall SV112 with a pleasant surprise.

• Thread starter rolijen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rolijen

Reaction score
As you all know, buying gear sight unseen can be risky. You win some and you lose some. Luckily, I’m calling this a win.

I’ve been on the lookout for an SV112 and an SC112 to use as grab and go cabs with my Studio Vintage and Studio Classic heads. With the prices for new SV and SC 112s getting so crazy, I’ve been looking for used ones in good condition.

Frustratingly, in the current environment, finding these used in good condition has been hard. But last weekend, while browsing the sale/clearance “list” at a favorite music retailer, I spotted a used SV112 for a really low price. I contacted the store and got a description of its condition as “it’s used but in great condition”. We agreed on a delivered price and I pulled the trigger.

Cabinet arrived today well packed and in great condition. There were a couple corners where there levant needed regluing, but after 5 minutes of fixing a few minor blemishes, I’d call the condition close to9FC98C6F-7E80-4F1E-98F1-C6C4BBFE3853.jpeg mint.

Here’s the pleasant surprise: upon turning the cabinet around to examine the expected V-Type speaker, I instead found a beautiful UK-made G12M-25 Greenback nestled cozily inside.
7B3F8432-603B-4AD9-9BB1-CA9EF463E741.jpeg
This Cabinet sounds glorious. Anyway, it’s been a very happy New Cabinet Day for sure!

Win!

goldtop0

Reaction score
Yep regluing the corners is standard on any M cab so I've found over the years.
Just started a thread with my recent SV20H/SV112 buy.
Prices for these as in the USA are just crazy now, so to rub salt into the wound for you guys over there the stack cost me the equivalent of US$1075 and it's mint.
And your Marshall distributor is ripping y'all off bigtime eg the stack new at a dealer here in NZ is US$1800

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Yes, we are aware of the heist. Someone is screwing someone here in the U.S. surprised no one has broken down the fees to import ect, and the retail price of new Marshall stuff here.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
@rolijen
HNCD!
If I were you, I'd keep an eye for another identical cabinet. Then, even though not the traditional SC cabinet, you'd have a wonderful, matched stack that either (or both) of your heads could sit proudly on!
Just Sayin'
Gene

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
Oh Yes, we are aware of the heist. Someone is screwing someone here in the U.S. surprised no one has broken down the fees to import ect, and the retail price of new Marshall stuff here.
Yeah it’s all BS. My SC212 shipping was $80 to USA from Europe.

All in? USD $536.77, including the shipping.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
HNCD!

I don't think I've seen the matching 1x12 cabs! I thought there was only the matching 2x12.

Beautiful and will look phenomenal with the SV20. Personally I'd wish it was a closed back but with some birch plywood and velcro that could be resolved easily.

Sweet score on the Greenback! Enjoy!