Need effects loop help on JVM

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
This is my first time ever using an effects loop so if I sound like I don't know what Im talking about, I don't:) I hooked up my eleven rack using the four cable method and using the effects loop on my JVM410hjs. On the eleven rack I get my effects and even amp modeling even though I really only care about the effects. Also I moved the effects loop on the eleven rack to the end of the chain so I can hear whatever falls before it in the chain. 1st question. On the eleven rack I can adjust mix which I put at 100 percent. The send adjustment seems to increase volume as I bring it up so I am not sure where to leave it. The return adjustment seems to have no difference on volume. 2nd question and this is where I am really confused. I get all my effects without the effects loop engaged on the JVM and when I do engage it the volume goes up dramatically! Any pointers or help especially on the Marshall effects loop on or off would be great. I just need to learn so I can accomplish the best sound possible. Thanks

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
I was going to say I would suppose Eleven Rack is a nice unit but I cannot find get a manual on it from Avid.

I am guessing there are many ways the two pieces of gear can be setup and routed.
The JVM has two loops to work with plus the front end. Just watch the level matching at loop jacks and get the effects levels set to suit in each program/patch.

Have fun! :D

Latest posts