• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New Amp Diezel VH4

• Thread starter NewReligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JK1965

Reaction score
These sure are unusual looking but I've heard so many good things about them.

Gotta check one out one of these days.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
These things are used by so many top-notch bands, it isn't even funny. They are amazing touring and recording amps. Muse, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Mastodon, Soundgarden, Pete Thorn, and on and on.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Music gear, you get what you pay for. I would agree that gibson quality does not match their pricing though.

I would say that most Gibson stuff is priced higher than it should be--- but an American made product will always be more expensive.

People that buy Gibson's, buy them for the tone. I have three that sound fantastic. When ever I end up playing something else, I usually end up being dissapointed. All mine came from the pawn shop and I think the last one I got was under $600. Used is the key and since tone is all that really matters, who cares if they are a little beat up??

mike mike

Reaction score
I would say that most Gibson stuff is priced higher than it should be--- but an American made product will always be more expensive.

People that buy Gibson's, buy them for the tone. I have three that sound fantastic. When ever I end up playing something else, I usually end up being dissapointed. All mine came from the pawn shop and I think the last one I got was under $600. Used is the key and since tone is all that really matters, who cares if they are a little beat up??

for sure. I agree. My favorite guitar I own is a gibson. Some of them are just a little excessively expensive.

Username2

Reaction score
Those amps a heavey as hell in tone. I tried that one and the Herbet side by side and went home with the Herbert. After about 6 months with it the amp literally was making me tone deaf, I don't know why but it was. After playing it for even 15 minutes I could not tell much difference between something sharp or flat. Needless to say I sold it and had no regrets.

Later I found that the Freyette CLX had about the same killer tone to it but did not induce this tone deafness the Diezel did. I actually like the Fryette much better and they are not only built better but a little less money.

Not going to knock the Diezel, they are just IMO a very strange voiced amp.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Those amps a heavey as hell in tone. I tried that one and the Herbet side by side and went home with the Herbert. After about 6 months with it the amp literally was making me tone deaf, I don't know why but it was. After playing it for even 15 minutes I could not tell much difference between something sharp or flat. Needless to say I sold it and had no regrets.

Later I found that the Freyette CLX had about the same killer tone to it but did not induce this tone deafness the Diezel did. I actually like the Fryette much better and they are not only built better but a little less money.

Not going to knock the Diezel, they are just IMO a very strange voiced amp.

We found the Herbert too buzzy in addition it ran HOT. Scared me. I thought it would start to come apart from the heat. Alex now has EL34's in his VH4 and it is smooth and solo's are a joy to play. For me its the VH4 or Einstein. Much smoother articulation. IMO.

David

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is the day it arrived in the Basement Jam Room. I had no idea he was filming the shot until he posted the damned thing. Wish he would have waited until I warmed up a little. Any way this amp is smooth straight in. Saturated articulation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpg8Ov2EMfI]2011 Diezel Blueface - YouTube[/ame]

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big diezel fan but, i think it's largely the Herbert i am not a fan of honestly.

it's grainy and too transparent for me.

I like my gear to shine through but, i like the amp to color the tone a bit at least...not to the point of a recto but, some.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
and i DO like the tone of the VH4 clip...that's really makeing me reconsider.

I do hear why you chose to stay with your 2210/2205's though David. It's got a little rougher edge and bite than your tone does otherwise. it seems to lack a TOUCH of the clarity in the upper mids that your general setup has and isn't as smooth overall. sounds killer though and would work for my metal arse:)

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. For my hands and ear the 2210 set up correctly and pushed with a OD pedal responds as directed by the moment. I'm sure I could spend more time learning and feeling out the vibe and mojo but at this point I turn off the Diezel, plug into the SD-1 then 2210 and I am at home and comunication is simple and familiar.

Crunchcity

Reaction score
Agreed. For my hands and ear the 2210 set up correctly and pushed with a OD pedal responds as directed by the moment. I'm sure I could spend more time learning and feeling out the vibe and mojo but at this point I turn off the Diezel, plug into the SD-1 then 2210 and I am at home and comunication is simple and familiar.

Getting caught up in the "gear-go-round" can be a temporary distraction only to find yourself going full circle back to your tried and true. :naughty:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting caught up in the "gear-go-round" can be a temporary distraction only to find yourself going full circle back to your tried and true. :naughty:
<case in point.
I have my triamp dialed in so well for all of my playing needs my Dragon's number 2 again all around. I still like the Dragon more as what it does it does better by a small margin than the triamp but, the triamp's really hard to beat right now otherwise.

I've got some sick vintage and mdern sounds with the triamp now and just extra sick modern with the Dragon. If i don't get that grand i was offered i'm just going to keep it....sooooo gooooood:)

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
I've had my VH4 since February of this year and love it every day. I like the look of it, the build quality, and the sound is unbeatable, IMO. Yes, it was a chunk of change, and it was difficult to spend that money, but I've always proffered to save and do without until I can get what I want...then I keep it forever.

To the OP, congrats to your son...I'm glad he is enjoying his amp, that's what it's all about. Wish I had such nice gear at his age...

J

FourT6and2

Reaction score
I've had my VH4 since February of this year and love it every day. I like the look of it, the build quality, and the sound is unbeatable, IMO. Yes, it was a chunk of change, and it was difficult to spend that money, but I've always proffered to save and do without until I can get what I want...then I keep it forever.

To the OP, congrats to your son...I'm glad he is enjoying his amp, that's what it's all about. Wish I had such nice gear at his age...

J

My thoughts, exactly. Better to save and get the thing you really want. You wind up saving money in the long run and and I, for one, am much happier that I did just that.

3cd9aab12ed18edd1f95001023de8411.jpg