• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New amp dilemma

• Thread starter dcsocal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dcsocal

Reaction score
Soooo unfortunately I had to sell all of my Marshall's over this past year to fund an engagement ring and was left with my dinky Blackstar HT-5, endlessly missing the thump of a 100 watt monster.

BUT

I am now about to be back in the Marshall game and here lies the dilemma.

I ran across my old Vintage Modern 2466 that I sold and have the opportunity to buy it back for about $600

or

I've been eye'ing this 6100 on ebay and a couple 6100LM's for about the same price on the fleabay as well.

Marshall Model 6100 30th Anniversary 100 Watt Head | eBay

I love the tone of the VM and there is something comforting/nostalgic about buying back my old VM back but the 6100 seems like it would be a kick ass amp to have. I enjoy the EL34 Marshall wonderfulness of the 6100 but a little put off and weary of its shape.

I know I could always get the 6100LM but knowing by DSM diagnosable GAS self, I will be jonesing for the EL34's in a week.

welp, end of my first world rant.

Good to be back boys. :wave:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
What speaker do you have to connect these amps to?
That might make a difference...

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally would go with the 6100 but if you have a opportunity to get your vintage modern back that may never happen again might want to do that and pick up 6100 later

dcsocal

Reaction score
What speaker do you have to connect these amps to?
That might make a difference...

1960a with 75's. I will most likely be getting a pair or g12h30 anniversaries to put in an X pattern with the 75s. I had that combo in my old cab that I sold and loved it.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Might I suggest a new wife that wouldn't expect you to sell all your stuff so she can have an expensive ring!!! :cool:

dcsocal

Reaction score
Might I suggest a new wife that wouldn't expect you to sell all your stuff so she can have an expensive ring!!! :cool:

Hahaha it's all good. She was actually against me selling them but boy did I earn some brownie points :naughty: Luckily I bought low and sold high for most of them. Love does crazy things lol

However, I now get to name my first son Marshall :cool:

Latest posts