New Amp in Town. TAF Tube Amp Factory

• Thread starter mtm105
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

richie43

Reaction score
If you'd like to play one of the amps, give us a shout via email, pm on Facebook, or call us (phone number is on the website). We'll SST up a time for you to come in and play. We can also talk to you about the history of the amps, as well as the future of the company.

I honestly wish I'd run across this post and made the invitation to you and anybody else who was interested much sooner than I did. For the last year and a half, Dave Harris, the inventor of Tube Amp Factory amps, as well as h

That's really very funny, because Dave, himself, stated on numerous occasions (complained about it a lot) that basically he was charging for his materials and not really charging anything appreciable for his labor at all. (there were some other comments that he made about the current labor market that I will leave out, but I can promise that none of them were racist).

The price point of these amps was intended to do a few major things. He wanted to get these amps out in the world. He wanted Talented musicians who were not rolling in cash, to be able to realistically afford to buy one. He wanted to get the name out there, where it would be seen and known.

At present, there are a number of amplifiers that Dave built 100% by hand. They have the full factory warranty. Traditionally, when an amp WAS SOLD, Dave would sign the amp. These amps cannot be signed by him.

The point that I am dancing around, because it is still painful for me to discuss, because he was my father and a truly admirable man, who stood as an inspiration to many who even though they lacked father figures, emulated him, when they had children of their own.

At 11:30 a.m. EST on 12/13/2017 David E. Harris, surrounded by his wife of 50 years, and all five of his children, breathed his last and ceased suffering, thus losing his 18 month war against metastasized esophageal cancer. He joined his parents and younger brother. He is survived by his wife (Dee) Kathleen Harris (Stuteville), five children, Catherine (O'Keefe), John, Joseph, Sarah (Cowan) and Edward, many grandchildren, as well as a few great grandchildren.

TUBE AMP FACTORY
Will be carried on by Dave's youngest son, Edward, who was deeply involved in the design and building of the amplifiers for the last years of Dave's life, training specifically, to take the reins, upon Dave's passing. The company will be carried on. Please keep the comments, such as the matter of the green pillars coming, so things go in the right direction.
Hey. I joined this forum back when Dave passed, just to put in my kind words on another thread. I have a few TAF amps, and they are still my all time favorites (and I have owned some great amps!). I noticed that there was word of you taking over the business, but I still can't find any TAF out there! Are there plans to revive the amp business?
Are there ANY unsold or unfinished amps that could be be purchased? Thanks.

Latest posts