• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New Amps For 2017

• Thread starter David Neely
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David Neely

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I was wondering if anyone had any thought/ideas/predictions about new amps for 2017. I am wanting to get a new amp but don't want to get something and then have buyers remorse when Marshall announces anything new and awesome for 2017. If they're not going to announce anything new then I would like to be able to take advantage of end of year financing that many retailers are offering. Thanks in advance!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I was wondering if anyone had any thought/ideas/predictions about new amps for 2017. I am wanting to get a new amp but don't want to get something and then have buyers remorse when Marshall announces anything new and awesome for 2017. If they're not going to announce anything new then I would like to be able to take advantage of end of year financing that many retailers are offering. Thanks in advance!
You'll have to wait til NAMM to see whats new, Jan 19-22 2017. If you were to buy now buy from Musiciansfriend.com they have a 45 day return policy. what is it youre thinking of getting?

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they're going to release the R/T 200w Major for 2017. :fingersx:

David Neely

Reaction score
Mainly thinking DSL5. Would really like a mini jubilee but don't know if I can justify the cost since I'm mostly a bonus room hack that only plays in front of people a couple times a year. Wished I had gotten a class 5 head and cab when they were available. That's kind of the only thing I have against the DSL5 is that I can't get it in a head/cab format.

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
I am holding off a Mesa Triple Crown to see what Marshall does....

I did buy the 2555x but for the most part Marshall reissues are priced pretty stoopid high. Can't think of a re-issue that could really grab my attention.

I'd like to see how and what they would do to "1 up" the JVM.

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Mainly thinking DSL5. Would really like a mini jubilee but don't know if I can justify the cost since I'm mostly a bonus room hack that only plays in front of people a couple times a year. Wished I had gotten a class 5 head and cab when they were available. That's kind of the only thing I have against the DSL5 is that I can't get it in a head/cab format.
DSL5 is not a big investment, I bet you could find one used and would be a fun project to convert into a head.

Msharky67

Reaction score
I am getting a DSL40c Vintage! Waiting for after Christmas and a coupon code. Expected 1/19/17! Can't wait!

PBGas

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Satch combo?

scott6762

Reaction score
I took advantage of Sweetwater financing and purchased a 2525C Silver Jubilee combo. Take advantage of the year end sales and go for the amp that you like !

BowerR64

Reaction score
I am getting a DSL40c Vintage! Waiting for after Christmas and a coupon code. Expected 1/19/17! Can't wait!

Ive seen those a few times on my local craigslist what is the vintage version?

Does it just come with a Celestion V30 speaker? or is it tweaked different inside so it sounds more vintage? less gain different voicing maybe?

Or does it just LOOK vintage with vintage looking cloth?