New Bugera 333 for $229!!!

• Thread starter GerryL98
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GerryL98

Reaction score
So I get the daily emails from all the music stores and saw that the Bugera 333 is on sale for $229, normal street price of $550. Read some reviews, saw some demos on YouTube, and liked what I'm hearing. I'm thinking for $229 I'll be getting a kick ass deal for a 100 watt high gain tube amp or I'll be getting what I paid for and should be able to return within 45 days or flip it on Craigslist. On CL I found ones listed for more than the sale price. The 333 XL is $100 more and I believe the only difference was a built it noise gate. Anybody here play one?

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
I played a 6260 head today which I think it modeled after a Peavery 5150, it sounded great. I actually ordered the Bugera 1990 today, which is modeled after a Marshall JCM900, on sale for 239, just buy the 2 or 3 year gold warranty for these and you are all set. I think they are great sounding amps, just don't expect the kind of road-worthy quality on them that you get from higher priced amps.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
What store has them for that price? Does that include the foot controller as well?

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just reading up on these. A friend of mine has one.

What is the infinium technology? It seems these ones on sale do not have this infinium thing.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
OK. I read about that infinium cicuit.

Bummer as these also are not the 333XL, which I think is what my buddy has.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some Bugera 1990 action red channel gain around 10. 10 out of 22.LOL

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8FnEyiIM1s[/ame]

I keep mine at 60 watts and at 6 and up on the volume it really shows its balls. I'm running into a 100 watt GB'd cab so the 60 watt setting is perfect.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Joe, that is exactly the type of tone I was hoping the 1960 had, I am going to have fun with it for sure

anitoli

Reaction score
Amps for $229 just proves how far down into the gutter the US dollar/economy has gone......

You cant even build a decent electric guitar for that amount of cash.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
I think they were normally over $400, these are just on a blowout sale, clearing space for the new infinium models. I don't think they could be making any money on these after shipping them, they just want to get rid of them...
like the clearance rack at Kmart that is full of old outdated clothes

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine are the Infiniums and were $400. I bought both the 1960 and 1990 and have been enjoying Marshall voiced tones for a few months now. I'd like to add the 6262 to my Bugera collection too.

Guitar-Rocker

Reaction score
Estero, Florida formerly from Indianapolis
Amps for $229 just proves how far down into the gutter the US dollar/economy has gone......

You cant even build a decent electric guitar for that amount of cash.

It makes one wonder how they can sell at that mark and keep the doors open. 100 watts of iron cost a minimum of $175, not counting shipping. And a quad of power tubes, preamp tubes, and the cabinet? That's not counting the chassis, pots, knobs, or circuit board. I do not get all that, even if it is made in the orient.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
It makes one wonder how they can sell at that mark and keep the doors open. 100 watts of iron cost a minimum of $175, not counting shipping. And a quad of power tubes, preamp tubes, and the cabinet? That's not counting the chassis, pots, knobs, or circuit board. I do not get all that, even if it is made in the orient.

Chinese parts are Chinese parts - cheap, and the average salary of a Chinaman in a Bugera factory is probably $5 a week. That's how they do it, the company is probably making 500% profit on cheap labor and parts.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
What a Kawinkidink , I was just checkin out the Infinium G5. I want one !
Infinium is self biasing tubes and led indicates a bad tube. This little baby has USA/British morph control and footswitch.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
Joe, did you leave the stock 5881 valves in yours? I was wondering if I should order some replacement valves, I think a 6L6GC would be a tube that would be more durable and better able to take higher voltages....I could be wrong.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe, did you leave the stock 5881 valves in yours? I was wondering if I should order some replacement valves, I think a 6L6GC would be a tube that would be more durable and better able to take higher voltages....I could be wrong.

Yeah it still has the stock 5881's. I've never tried 6L6GC's so if you do let me know how they sound. Since I have the Infinium model I can put different power tubes in so I think I'll try some of those JJ 34 2's that are out now. See what EL34's do for it tone wise.:hmm:

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
Wow, I would think EL34s in the 1990 would 'seal the deal' as far as copping Marshallesque tones, that is cool that the infinium thing allows for altogether different tube types. I would be biting my nails trying that in an amp like the Bugera, but maybe it can pull it off.
I have a JCM900 that has 6L6GC and I love the sound of it, it sounds like a cross between an Mesa and a Marshall, so maybe I will go the 6L6 route if I don't like the 5881

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it sounds Marshall already so I'm curious how much the 34's will effect the voicing. I still want to try some 6L6GC's though. I've read good things about them in the 900's and here you say the same. Also 6550's although I hear they stay clean so not too sure I'd like that. I prefer break up and I really don't need more clean headroom with the 1990.

RussBert

Reaction score
I grabbed a 6260 head when they were $199. My son has owned both a 5150 and a 5150II and the Bugera hangs right there with them.

Bugera has addressed the burned Molex connector issues by hard wiring the connectors,

Frankly, you gotta be crazy NOT to buy a Bugera at these prices!

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
The trirec looks good but they are $700.
Lots of features triple rec 6 channel foot switch.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
So I get the daily emails from all the music stores and saw that the Bugera 333 is on sale for $229, normal street price of $550. Read some reviews, saw some demos on YouTube, and liked what I'm hearing. I'm thinking for $229 I'll be getting a kick ass deal for a 100 watt high gain tube amp or I'll be getting what I paid for and should be able to return within 45 days or flip it on Craigslist. On CL I found ones listed for more than the sale price. The 333 XL is $100 more and I believe the only difference was a built it noise gate. Anybody here play one?

Make sure you buy the extended warranty and don't count on being able to flip it. The amp sounds great while they work....which often is not very long.