• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

*NEW* ESP M-II w/Stainless Frets

• Thread starter SonVolt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like ESP has released some new offerings this year. Their mid-level E-II line (the old "ESP Standard") now comes stock with stainless steel frets & Floyd appointments. Stainless frets, Ebony fretboard and Fishman Fluence pickups in a <$3,000 guitar? I don't know how the Japanese do it. If I hadn't put down a deposit on a Custom Shop Charvel in the same color I would be all over this.

:wub2:
original.png

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
They make some nice guitars. Always have. When I was into thinner faster necks is when I bought my Horizon. The price is going up though. I've been eyeballing these, but the price has gone up another thousand in the last year.

They must be using magic wood blessed by Monks or something. I'm so set on playing my Tele's, that I wouldn't buy one now. But they make nice guitars.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, their pricing on ESP "Original" & USA models is re-fucking-diculous. The E-II line (previously ESP Standard) is already so nice as-is I would never fork over the extra $$$ for the custom stuff.

I do hope this trend of putting stainless frets on mid-priced guitars continues... especially with other brands.

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
I think they are literally pricing themselves out of the market in part. It's just an even smaller group of players willing to pay out 3 to 4 thousands dollars for a new guitar these days.