New Gibson Jimmy Page double neck

• Thread starter StrummerJoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Webslinger

Reaction score
They are a guitar I like, but too heavy to be practical.
I will wait until they show up on ebay.
I can imagine. A buddy had an Epi SG double, and never got used to it. BTW- recently saw an old Triumph video, Rick Emmett plays an 80s Ibanez Artist double. It must weigh close to 20lbs, cause my own '82 MIJ Artist is almost 10.

myklomaniac

Reaction score
I can barely heft my 1970 something LP Deluxe GT any more, let alone haul in that boat anchor.
It's looks very nice/interesting, but may only appeal to a niche crowd now, by age (and price of course. WOW!). Those of us that recall the original, slung over JP's shoulder in the videos, or live, if you were lucky enough to catch them on stage, and looking/sounding badass.
Sorry, not for me. Guitar weight became an issue, when I turned 65, and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both shoulders. Another reason to choose 212 cabs over 412.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
View attachment 148271

This was the jerk-off of my generation (well, technically Lita Ford was) and it was Mustaine playing In My Darkest Hour, not Jimmy climbing stairways. It was no less iconic in my eyes back when and insanely cooler in every way, but you couldn’t put the pair together and justify anything near that bullshit price. Toss in a JP burst and a San Dimas KV-1 and maybe $50k begins to make sense.
Rad, man! Never saw one o those before. Really cool.

Beryllium-9

Reaction score
A double neck reminds me of boat. The best days of man's life is when he buys a boat and when he sells it. So what's better than having a double neck? Having a friend with a double neck..

anitoli

Reaction score
I have owned one since 94 and this guitar was THE game changer for myself. I was ready to quit playing i was so uninspired and the 1275 opened a million doors. I love it.

JSJ900

Reaction score
30 years later, I wound up with this one:

JSJ900

Reaction score
The photo of mine won’t post - keeps saying file’s too large, but 30 years later, I finally got a double neck - looks like this:

1712525268138.jpeg

Last edited: