New Guy From North Carolina

• Thread starter Matt G Murphy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt G Murphy

Reaction score
Hello fellow "gear heads". I am a new member. I have been playing tube amps exclusively since ~1996. I purchased an AS50D several years ago to perform with an acoustic but I never really considered it a true Marshall for some reason. I have a couple modern versions of a plexi and JTM45 made by Dave Friedman that I really love. However, I purchased a JTM30 and now feel like I can truly fit in with the cool crowd...even if it is with the "leper colony"(I have discovered it is a real Love OR Hate amp with little room in between) I really like mine. I play a variety of telecasters through it with very little in the form of pedals. It sounds good to me and people seem to like my tone. I look forward to learning a LOT on the forum. Cheers!

Eric'45

Reaction score
:welcome:To the Forum!
If it sounds good to your ears, it IS good, I'd say. I wasn't familiar with the sound of the JTM30 and looked it up- interesting and unique Amp. Is yours the version with 2x10 or 12" ?

Last edited:

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow "gear heads". I am a new member. I have been playing tube amps exclusively since ~1996. I purchased an AS50D several years ago to perform with an acoustic but I never really considered it a true Marshall for some reason. I have a couple modern versions of a plexi and JTM45 made by Dave Friedman that I really love. However, I purchased a JTM30 and now feel like I can truly fit in with the cool crowd...even if it is with the "leper colony"(I have discovered it is a real Love OR Hate amp with little room in between) I really like mine. I play a variety of telecasters through it with very little in the form of pedals. It sounds good to me and people seem to like my tone. I look forward to learning a LOT on the forum. Cheers!
Hello and welcome!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a JTM30 and now feel like I can truly fit in with the cool crowd...even if it is with the "leper colony"(I have discovered it is a real Love OR Hate amp with little room in between) I really like mine.
:welcome: to the forum.
The JTM30 is a fantastic sounding Marshall, I had one for a while.
It gets its bad reputation because it has some reliability issues from a wonky design.
The horizontal tubes can cause an overheating issue - mine had fans installed on the tube cage by a PO.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Based upon your experience, your gear, you enthusiasm, and your humility, you're gonna fit right in! You'll find that most of us have similar tastes and we just love amps and guitars. As long as you are respectful, you will find that it is not necessary to agree with others to fit right in. In fact, we encourage spirited exchange! As for your amps, Teles, and few pedals, a picture or two is worth a thousand or even a couple thousand words. Please let us know what kind of music you play, where you play it, whether you're in a band, and how the weather is in Kitty Hawk. Rock on!

ikillintel

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome :wave: