New Hangers!

• Thread starter ampeq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampeq

Reaction score
I finally got my guitars off the floor and hung them up. I bought 8 hangers for less than $10 and whipped up some oak mounts. They are only about 18" long though so I had to hide the wall bolts under the hanger plates, they are almost to the ends. The little hook in the middle is to hang the towels I put over the guitars when not in use. Someday I'll make some better (and wider) plates but they will do for now.

Attachments

• SAM_1346.JPG
    SAM_1346.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 42
  • SAM_1347.JPG
    SAM_1347.JPG
    421.4 KB · Views: 40
  • SAM_1348.JPG
    SAM_1348.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 40
  • SAM_1349.JPG
    SAM_1349.JPG
    418.3 KB · Views: 40

ampeq

Reaction score
Did you ever see those wall hangers that have the movable arms that close when the weight of the guitar is put on it?
Hercules make them.

http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/wall-hangers/

I have one of their floor stands that uses the same grabber. My other 4 floor stands are their Mini Acoustic and Electric models.
They are rock solid.
Those are sweet! I think I'll go with those when I upgrade, I never saw them before. I got those cheap ones because I'm running out of room, $20 each at GC, $9 for 8 on Amazon.

ampeq

Reaction score
Nice job I see a lot of nice guitars
I agree, Nice Job! :cheers:

Beautiful Collection of Guitars too! :dude:
Thanks guys. These 4 are pretty good ones, I still want a custom ESP / USA Eclipse w/ P90's and a 1960 RI LP in cherry sunburst. That should do it for me, just a few really good ones is much better to me over 25 ok guitars. Guitars can take up more room than the amps.

ampeq

Reaction score
nice hangers.
i got a couple of the wall mounts that are like big sections of wall
like you see guitar stores use. still havent hung the damn things yet. :wallbash:
Are they the ones you can slide where you want them? I was going to make something slideable but ran out of time. When I build the good ones I’ll step it up a little.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
No. They just force the Fret Wrap up the headstock, displacing and stretching them.

4dae73af5d42de88a90c2eb1e0a149f6[1].jpg

But looking at your collection of guitars, you don't use Fret Wraps. So no problem there!

ampeq

Reaction score
Looks great...are these hangers the kind that will not damage the finish?
Mine are just foam over steel but they work real good. (Can't find any mark's of any kind so far.) If you would like to try them I still have a couple I can send you. PM me and I'll give you a couple, if you like them you can get 8 for under $10, how cool is that. You can just put them on the wall if you like, but find a stud for at least the middle screw, better safe than sorry.