New Marshall Products Requests and Wishes

• Thread starter PentodeLicious
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
So now with the new ownership and buisness are good.
I hope someone from marshall will take a peak at this forum and maybe get inspired for releasing new products or reviving old ones.
Post your requests.

Mine:
* Marshall JMP 2204 (yes I know it is the same like the JCM 800 but I want the JMP looks)
* JMP-1 with IR loader
* JMP-1 with IR loader in a pedal format
* A Marshall Pedal modeler in the style of quad cortex
* Revive the JCM800 2210/2205 series
* A whole new 3 channel Amp with:
1. Channel 1 JCM800/1959 Preamp
2. Channel 2 JCM2000 Ultra channel
3. Channel 3 2555X/JCM900 style
4. Tube FX loop
5. With a Choke not resistor
6. Silent recording mode with an IR loader

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
start making speaker cabs outta birch instead of MDF. Just go back to old designs and make them as close to possible as the originals. Start making real deal transformers like the old Drake/Dagnall
Good News. new cabs are made from birch.
I have 1960AX and 2536 and they are made outta of birch.
The lower line (MX) is made outta of MDF.

Nadir

Reaction score
start making speaker cabs outta birch instead of MDF. Just go back to old designs and make them as close to possible as the originals.
I can agree for what concerns the recreation of a vintage sound.
But in general MDF is preferable for loudspeakers boxes because it is a less resonant material.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
The thing I would like to see most is some new pure analog SS amps that are based on some of their tube heads. Maybe the Studio series in an SS form would be a great start. I think they would sell far more of them than they think if they did them properly. Orange amps already proved it can be done effectively with the Crush Pro and Super Crush. Hopefully they avoid going the modeling rout on anything. There's enough other options out there for people in that realm.

Karl Brake

Reaction score
I can agree for what concerns the recreation of a vintage sound.
But in general MDF is preferable for loudspeakers boxes because it is a less resonant material.
That's not true. Birch is stiffer and less prone to flexing than MDF. Less woofing with material with a strong grain. MDF expands and contracts with sound pressure. Stiffness can be had with non-wood materials, but not MDF. When it's thick enough to resist flexing, it weighs 16 tons.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I want a 2 channel tube Marshall with a solid state power section, emulated DI Out, and effects loop, that I can connect directly to a stage sound system and IEM. No speakers required. Small and easy to transport. An extra bonus, maybe a few onboard effects like reverb, delay, chorus, and a volume lead boost feature. Oh yeah, this thing has got to work with the Marshall 6 button footswitch that remembers settings, or have its own buttons built into it.

Sounds like I almost described the MG series? They just need to make it smaller and add preamp tubes, along the lines of the BluGuitar Amp1 and Orange Terror Stamp which I currently use to do exactly this.

Last edited:

Dave47857

Reaction score
I would like to see more options for lunch box heads. The dsl 20 is an absolute beast. I hear good things about the 20 watt 800. I would like to see another DSL 20 with separate controls for the clean channel. I would also like to see a foot pedal channel changer that has a couple of effects loops built in so that when you want to go from dirt to clean it shuts off your overdrive signal too.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
afaik only the baffle is birch!
nah man... everything is birch:
birch.jpg
Just make the satch jvm again. I know they won't, but they should.
Technically it's really easy for them to make it.
the problem is that they gonna have to pay satch more money. so not going to happen.
better make a JVM MK2 version.
Lower the cost of US prices to a reasonable level.
The US prices are ridiculous...
I wouldn't buy a new marshall in the US just in principle.

Kuga

Reaction score
A JTM45 built with serial FXloop and a booster. Both features can be switched by footswitch.

A valve tester.

Some type of reamp/attenuator device.

Recently I swapped speakers from a two 1936 G/GS (G12M greenbacks) to a 1960 AHW (G12H 30). 1936 G/GS all is birch built. They use cooper wire. I bought some JCM900 1936 in the past. They was built with aluminium wire. Cooper wire it's better than aluminium wire.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what they'd make, I wouldn't buy it at 2 times or more the money the things worth.

I agree. Prices are way out of line in the U.S as opposed to the rest of the world.

I wonder what country buys the most Marshall amplifiers in the world, and where the U.S. is at on that list.

We Must be way down at the bottom as hard as we're getting plowed by a company who most of us have been brand loyal to for decades. Distributors taking advantage you say?? If so, Thanks Marshall for sticking up for us!