New member from Belgium

• Thread starter StievieDC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StievieDC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am StievieDC, for years I was a reader. Last week I made my first posts because I made some stupid mistakes when i was replacing the power transformer on my jmp-1 preamp so I wanted to share the symptoms.

As an early teenager I knew I wanted marshall stacks, after watching that the darkness videoclip with the space octopus, and seeying status Quo with my dad (big white fake cabs with lights on them, "up into the sky").

For guitars, i have my two favorites, but for amps....I just want more and more 🙂.

From first acquisition to last:
#1 jcm900 DR. 65 with 75T as speakers. Somehow this one is closest to the sound in my head, i bought it when i had the flue... This was torture for a 18 year old who had finally saved enough.
Mods: First tried Liam mod (do not do this, makes all bad qualities even worse, fuzz and bass, that is all what comes out). 2nd 'balok' mod. Okay but not what I was after. 3rd Tschrama (i think) mod: finaly, this is it.
#2 class five: sold to buy cab for afd100, didn't match Well with my epiphone hulbuckers at the time
#3afd100: yes I am a fanboy, but it still makes me sound like me, not him. Great appartement amp.
#4 jmp-1: recently died and resurrected. Used die hole recordings (replaced by jmd:1)
#5 jvm205: replaced afd and jcm as band amps ( since Corona abandoned in the rehearsal room)
#6 jmp2144: i wanted a vintage Amp, absolutely no need for it.
#7 jmd:1 100w: nails jmp2144+ blackstar boost (model#13), ( jmp1 model) fails to emulate jmp-1, does all and more the jvm does. My go to Amp right now, unless i really want the afd100 anger or the jcm900 '90ies sound.

Other amps (sold):
Spider2: only the marshall crunch channels
Madamp A15: bought Broken, fixed and made a profit. Sounded good but not my thing.

So there you go🙂

StievieDC

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am StievieDC, for years I was a reader. Last week I made my first posts because I made some stupid mistakes when i was replacing the power transformer on my jmp-1 preamp so I wanted to share the symptoms.

As an early teenager I knew I wanted marshall stacks, after watching that the darkness videoclip with the space octopus, and seeying status Quo with my dad (big white fake cabs with lights on them, "up into the sky").

For guitars, i have my two favorites, but for amps....I just want more and more 🙂.

#1 jcm900 DR. 65 with 75T as speakers. Somehow this one is closest to the sound in my head, i bought it when i had the flue... This was torture for a 18 year old who had finally saved enough.
Mods: First tried Liam mod (do not do this, makes all bad qualities even worse, fuzz and bass, that is all what comes out). 2nd 'balok' mod. Okay but not what I was after. 3rd Tschrama (i think) mod: finaly, this is it.
#2 class five: sold to buy cab for afd100, didn't match Well with my epiphone hulbuckers at the time
#3afd100: yes I am a fanboy, but it still makes me sound like me, not him. Great appartement amp.
#4 jmp-1: recently died and resurrected. Used die hole recordings (replaced by jmd:1)
#5 jvm205: replaced afd and jcm as band amps ( since Corona abandoned in the rehearsal room)
#7 jmd:1 100w: nails jmp2144+ blackstar boost (model#13), ( jmp1 model) fails to emulate jmp-1, does all and more the jvm does. My go to Amp right now, unless i really want the afd100 anger or the jcm900 '90ies sound.

Other amps (sold):
Madamp A15: bought Broken, fixed and made a profit. Sounded good but not my thing.

So there you go🙂
Also, i was influenced by my guitar teacher. He knew a guy working in a music store. This guy said "when i hooked my guitar on to all the amps atvthe same time, it was almost the sound that i wanted". Having paired my amps together, max 3 at the same time, ... I get it!

Kuga

Reaction score
:welcome:to the Forum.

Yeah! More is more. From amps I own I tryed 5 amps at the same time with an Akai Head Rush pedal but once I tryed 5 JCM800 full stacks at the same time with it. This pedal allow use 5 amps at the same time. I knew needed this pedal when I tryed 5 JCM800 at the same time with this pedal.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
To The Forum

My clip of Mother’s Day Trash is with all six of my amps, it was the equivalent of 4 full stacks and 2 combos.. so I totally get your point @StievieDC .

speyfly

Reaction score
Welcome to the asylum StievieDC! From your introduction looks like you are going to add a lot to this forum.

Once again, WELCOME!!!

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Hi all,

Other amps (sold):

So there you go🙂
Welcome to the forum!

Dblgun

Reaction score
Welcome, glad you decided to join us!