New "old" guy from Montreal, Canada!

• Thread starter 4x12
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

4x12

Reaction score
Hey y'all, as the title mentions... new old guy here located in Quebec, Canada. I created the account back in 2009 and have always came in to read posts. Always noticed some good people helping out with great information. As for me, I've had many Marshall's over the years. All three JCM900 versions (SL-X was my fav) and now my recent Marshall since 2007, my JVM410H. Went through all EVH amps (100's and 50's), the last one I just sold was my Stealth 100W and I miss it. Went through a crap load of cab's over the years. VHT, Splawn's, Marshall's (1960A's or B's), Mesa and EVH's. For the last 5+ years I've been rolling with the 4x12 EVH. Simply love it. Will be picking up an older Marshall cab this Sunday, more to come... And shit loads of rack gear and power amps. But an 80's JCM800 is on my wish list and also looking into a TSL100.

As for guitars in the current stable... Mostly Gibson Les Paul's (classics, standards, R9), a few Epiphones, a few Ibanez SZ520's and a Fender Strat Jim Root... few pedals, mostly the essentials.

4x12

Reaction score
Welcome, fill us in when you get that new cab.

For sure! I'm driving out tomorrow morning... it's a 3 hour drive so yeah, looking forward to snagging it! Been wanting one of these for a LONG time.

Attachments

• 1960BX  3.jpg
    1960BX 3.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1960BX  7.jpg
    1960BX 7.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 1960BX  24.jpg
    1960BX 24.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 20

4x12

Reaction score
Welcome from Florida, been to Montreal quite a few times on business. A beautiful city.

We have similar likes in guitars and amps.

Yeah, it's a nice place and good people. I'm actually in the east suburbs of Montreal now... little place called L'assomption... approx 30 min away. Peace and quiet! lol But sadly, Canada in the last 10 years is becoming a shit fest. Our government is really screwing us over, think it's time a revolution of some sort, but that's another cup of tea!

I would agree with the musical choices, nice stuff you have there!

kman

Reaction score
I'll trade our glop nox of Joe and the Ho for who ever you got up there running the place. You think you are in a shit fest.

Phoenix1

Reaction score
Hey y'all, as the title mentions... new old guy here located in Quebec, Canada. I created the account back in 2009 and have always came in to read posts. Always noticed some good people helping out with great information. As for me, I've had many Marshall's over the years. All three JCM900 versions (SL-X was my fav) and now my recent Marshall since 2007, my JVM410H. Went through all EVH amps (100's and 50's), the last one I just sold was my Stealth 100W and I miss it. Went through a crap load of cab's over the years. VHT, Splawn's, Marshall's (1960A's or B's), Mesa and EVH's. For the last 5+ years I've been rolling with the 4x12 EVH. Simply love it. Will be picking up an older Marshall cab this Sunday, more to come... And shit loads of rack gear and power amps. But an 80's JCM800 is on my wish list and also looking into a TSL100.

As for guitars in the current stable... Mostly Gibson Les Paul's (classics, standards, R9), a few Epiphones, a few Ibanez SZ520's and a Fender Strat Jim Root... few pedals, mostly the essentials.
Welcome ! Yes everyone here is very friendly and helpful !

BanditPanda

Reaction score

Salut, Montreal! Old, old guy here. Don't hang here any more but happened to see your intro and thought I'd give ya a salut.!
BP

4x12

Reaction score
I'll trade our glop nox of Joe and the Ho for who ever you got up there running the place. You think you are in a shit fest.

Trust me Kman, I feel ya. I have a lot of friends and family in the US and normally travelled there at least twice a year until 2022, and seeing what's going on right now is crazy... Makes no sense.

4x12

Reaction score
Welcome from me over here in Ontario. I really like Montreal, specially on the Grand Prix weekends. Wonderful atmosphere and great people.
I won’t get into the politics though. We’ll leave it at that!

Picked up my "new" cab in Harcourt, On yesterday...

Latest posts