New Partcaster on the way!Advice needed

• Thread starter VintageGuy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VintageGuy

Reaction score
I have an old silverburst Squier strat and im in the process of making it a Jake E Lee strat clone (sort of)

I will sand it and paint it white,install a new warmoth neck, a custom black matte pickguard from warmoth with neck/bridge humbuckers,1 tone/1 volume and a 3-way switch.

There are 2 problems I have:

1)The Squier has a totally basic tremolo but i want to block it with the tremol-no....will it fit?

2)Wiring!Im going to buy a SD JB and a 59 set, 2 pots 500k (one for vol,one for tone) and a 3 way pickup selector but WHAT else i need for the wiring to work besides the aforementioned?

from what i see in a SD wiring diagram,i don't need anything else.....right?(sorry this is my first time!!!)

thanks in advance and sorry for the lengthy post!

poeman33

Reaction score
There are many variations in Squiers, depending on where they are built. So it's a tossup on what will and will not fit.

My guess is that you will have no trouble with the tremol-no.
Hopefully the neck pocket is standard.
The body may be a little thinner than standard, so you may have to deepen some of the routs a hair to make the pickups and the electronics fit.

VintageGuy

Reaction score
thanks for your reply poeman!The body has the swimming pool rout so there is no problem with that :D