New Satriani Amp.

• Thread starter Mockingbird
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mockingbird

Reaction score
Just read a piece in Guitar World where Satch talks about using a prototype of his new signature combo amp on his upcomming album.

20w switchable to 2w, 1x12 inch speaker.

Go on then, put me down for one !

Swede

Reaction score
Weird cause Ive read exactly the same, but regarding Mike Keneally????

Msharky67

Reaction score
I would guess it will be around $599 in between the DSL40c and the DSL5c. I wonder what voicing it will be. If its a JVM then OK but its not distinguished enough. Or its like the DSL again lets hope not because they have beaten it like a dead horse. Now if its more like a JCM800 then now were talking. If it's that and with an FX loop than I will be getting one. It's either going to be a DSL40c plain or vintage or whatever the new thing is. Hopefully it won't be another disappointment.

Pat6969

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

If I had to guess I'd say it won't happen. I think Marshall has a bunch of pencil pushers making the decisions on which design will yield the most profit and not which unit players would like to see. The bottom dollar isn't always the best route. IMO. Make a 20 watt Satch head you bastards!!!!:shred:

atarilovesyou

Reaction score
Here's hoping it's a mini version of his JS model, with most of those features. I'll be happy with just two channels (a good clean and the crunch will do it for me). If it has the series loop, I'm all in. I need something that I can actually use without blowing the windows out of my house :D

I'd prefer a head, though...not so much into combos, but if that's the only option then I'll consider it. Any news of a release date?

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Closed back 20w 1x12 combo that sounds like the SATCH JVM ? Hell yeh

Last edited:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I would guess it will be around $599 in between the DSL40c and the DSL5c. I wonder what voicing it will be. If its a JVM then OK but its not distinguished enough. Or its like the DSL again lets hope not because they have beaten it like a dead horse. Now if its more like a JCM800 then now were talking. If it's that and with an FX loop than I will be getting one. It's either going to be a DSL40c plain or vintage or whatever the new thing is. Hopefully it won't be another disappointment.

If it's even produced, why would you guess this? If it was a JVM voiced combo, it could be made in England with a boosted price, why would it land between the DSLs just because it's 20 watts? Look at the JVM1...
Since tne new 40C have come out, they won't produce another variation on that. No ome said it's going to be a 40C, and although there have been some disappointments of late, the DSL series has been generally accepted fairly well. You just started another thread where you're trying to score a 40C online, so why the disappointment? Let's just wait and see!

Ken

Reaction score
Marshall already makes 1,5,15,20, and 40 watt amps with several duplications. How is this new one going to be any different?

Ken