• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

New to me JCM900 MKIII issues

• Thread starter Deftone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deftone

Reaction score
Just picked up a JCM900 MKIII and It's got issues. Mostly just loud static and popping noises when I turn the MV. I can faintly hear guitar coming through at times. Same on both channels.

Seller said it's been sitting in storage since Covid.

I can take it to a tech but any suggestions first?

Deftone

Reaction score
Did you try other tubes? Spray the sockets?
I'm on it. Thank you.

I just tried putting a patch in the loop as @Tatzmann suggested and it worked wonders. Still scratchy and popping but much less and I'm getting guitar sound out of it. Needs to go to 3 on the MV to be about as loud as 1 on my SL-X (both are 50w and both are switched to "high")

Deftone

Reaction score
I just plugged my board into the loop, everything is working great now. Just need to be used I guess. It sounds killer. It's brighter than my SL-X, on par with my '90 2204...in fact I A/B'ed the MKIII and the '90 2204...they are close. I'd pick the 2204 but after fresh tubes and bias, that could change.

Definitely going to pull the chassis out and spray everything with DeOxit, check for bulging caps and burnt spots, as advised. Thank you all for the suggestions.

The chassis is pretty dusty....what's best way to clean off the grime?

MKIII.JPG