NGD - Breedlove Acoustic

• Thread starter KraftyBob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KraftyBob

Reaction score
I was never really an acoustic player. I did have the obligatory low end acoustic but I seldom used it. Fast forward to now and I might start doing some open mics with a friend so I wanted to get a better acoustic and one with electronics.

I looked at the Taylor’s, Martin’s, Takemine’s, etc. Then I walked in to the local music store by me and the owner showed me some Seagull’s and Breedlove’s. The Breedlove Pursuit in Tiger’s Eye finish caught my attention and then I played it. What a fantastic guitar. Great tone, great action and nice smooth satin finish neck. I like that it doesn’t have a pickguard as I don’t like them, I like the aged copper tuners, the string through bridge, and the brass dot inlays. Haven’t played any of my other guitars since I got this a week ago.

3717F328-72B4-4F19-8140-943318BE7FCC.jpeg

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Well, I once went to GC once to look at mandolins. Started at the bottom and worked my way up. They all sounded pretty much the same till I tried a Breedlove. O M G that thing was a drum. I just projected a warm smooth loud sound. Out of my price range at the time, but when I went looking for an acoustic I tried a Breedlove. Then I bought a Breedlove. Maple Focus w LR Bragg pup system. Piezo in the bridge and a little microphone in the body.
Enjoy.
20230624_100340.jpg

20230624_100326.jpg

BlueX

Reaction score
I was never really an acoustic player. I did have the obligatory low end acoustic but I seldom used it. Fast forward to now and I might start doing some open mics with a friend so I wanted to get a better acoustic and one with electronics.

I looked at the Taylor’s, Martin’s, Takemine’s, etc. Then I walked in to the local music store by me and the owner showed me some Seagull’s and Breedlove’s. The Breedlove Pursuit in Tiger’s Eye finish caught my attention and then I played it. What a fantastic guitar. Great tone, great action and nice smooth satin finish neck. I like that it doesn’t have a pickguard as I don’t like them, I like the aged copper tuners, the string through bridge, and the brass dot inlays. Haven’t played any of my other guitars since I got this a week ago.

View attachment 132321
HNGD, very nice top on that one!

KraftyBob

Reaction score
Well, I once went to GC once to look at mandolins. Started at the bottom and worked my way up. They all sounded pretty much the same till I tried a Breedlove. O M G that thing was a drum. I just projected a warm smooth loud sound. Out of my price range at the time, but when I went looking for an acoustic I tried a Breedlove. Then I bought a Breedlove. Maple Focus w LR Bragg pup system. Piezo in the bridge and a little microphone in the body.
Enjoy.
View attachment 132416

View attachment 132417
Very nice! Mine doesn’t have the LR Baggs system but I’ve heard great things about it.

Last edited:

lespaul339

Reaction score
The finish on that looks awesome. Like the wood grain as well!