NGD: Gibson Custom Shop Junior DC and a big WTF Gibson?!?

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
You need to adjust the yoke/rest where the neck sets in the case. Did you try this?
Those cases have adjustment

Really? How would I go about doing this?

This is the thread I was referring to btw:

"Only case I had an issue with is the case Gibson supplied with my double cutaway LP Special. Gibson doesn’t apparently sell enough of these guitars to have a case designed for them specifically, so they ship the guitar in a case intended for a LP Standard. The Special has a thinner body and a lower neck angle, so the body fits too deeply into the case, leaving the neck and headstock sitting high enough that the case lid actually forces the neck backward when closed. I fixed this by placing a rolled up towel under the tail end of the body to lift the body, thus lowering the neck and allowing the case to be closed without interference.

You would think for what Gibson charges for this guitar (it’s a Custom Shop instrument-part of the Historic collection) they would have a proper fitting case for it. I guess not."

That's the last post of the thread. You can read through it all, it's not really long

NickkiC

Reaction score
There are 1 or 2 screws holding the neck rest closest to the headstock. They can be unscrewed out to allow some adjustment, then re tightened. You don’t need much.IMG_9341.jpeg
Do be sure to securely tighten the screws, they do provide a rather key strength, structurally to the case.
Edit: 1 or 2 screws, each side. On the outer side, opposite the rest support

GuitarIV

Reaction score
There are 1 or 2 screws holding the neck rest closest to the headstock. They can be unscrewed out to allow some adjustment, then re tightened. You don’t need much.View attachment 140357
Do be sure to securely tighten the screws, they do provide a rather key strength, structurally to the case.
Edit: 1 or 2 screws, each side. On the outer side, opposite the rest support

Thank you very much! I had no idea this was possible, never would have thought about messing with the screws on the outside. This is my first Custom Shop case (and Gibson) ever after all :D

Not after seeing the pics. I wonder if this was a Made to Measure or something. The color, the tuners and the humbucker are very unusual, I’ve never seen one like it.

I found a listing from a German store on Reverb:

It's exactly the same as mine.

I live in Vienna, Austria, so maybe this was an exclusive for the European market or something. I'm actually quite happy with the fact that it has a Humbucker as I hate hum and play a lot of higher gain stuff.

Also checked the insides of the electronic cavity, the bumblebee cap is in there, it looks all like genuine Gibson. And it sure feels a lot higher quality than a lot of the regular ones I've tried. The nut is also cut perfectly, no tuning issues whatsoever.

Latest posts