• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NGD. It’s pink and it rocks.

• Thread starter Timmy51
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy51

Reaction score
99D23FB8-69FC-41FE-A873-B201F2914C46.jpeg 825C48C0-8145-4E24-A162-DB8BE4454A87.jpeg 4C61FE57-7B5C-40ED-8A4A-C3F5B064101C.jpeg I’ve been wanting a hh style guitar for awhile now. I’ve tried pretty much everything there is from Squier to Gibson to PRS and these Charvels kinda spoke to me. I normally play a regular Strat and Tele, so I guess it’s kinda natural.

It feels way different than a normal Strat though, sounds way different also. I’m still getting used to it. It needs a set up in a bad way, I’m getting some string buzz from the bridge and I have absolutely no idea about these bridges.

it’s also kinda of on the heavy side at 8.5 lbs but I think that’ll be ok. I’ll adjust.

Adieu

Reaction score
Interesting

Things have truly gone full circle. The Charvel-revised-and-updated take on a Fender double fat strat with Floyd...is now made by a Fender factory.

Are the lines and contours 100% Fender or somewhat different?

Timmy51

Reaction score
Interesting

Things have truly gone full circle. The Charvel-revised-and-updated take on a Fender double fat strat with Floyd...is now made by a Fender factory.

Are the lines and contours 100% Fender or somewhat different?

I believe that it’s 100% Fender, except for the neck profile. It’s wider and thinner than any Fender neck I’ve felt. It’s very comfy and fast. It has the rounded edges and no fret sprout.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
My only comparable guitar is an 80s Charvette. Got it in a trade for a Les Paul Studio husk project I never got around to finishing. It's a cool guitar and it fills a purpose in my collection, but I don't play it very much.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
yup, a good guitar you have there.
I like mine a lot.
Even if it is kind of a blue burst...
View media item 12779

:D

eh, not so much what im talking about. im talking like this......
s-l500.jpg

or this
img-3418.jpg

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
eh, not so much what im talking about. im talking like this......
s-l500.jpg

or this
img-3418.jpg

What makes these things hideous isn't necessarily the paint job, but basically everything else;

• The white trim makes everything look cheap.
  • Gold knobs? Yeah, real nice...
  • Oh, and isn't that bright orange fretboard just lovely? lol

As far as the blue burst, I actually like it, although with the top one, blue and green don't exactly go together real good.

DJGranite

Reaction score
Looks great !! That’s a San Dimas isn’t ? How old is that one ?

I have 2 guitars with Charvel on the headstock, both are mutts...
The Blue quilted is a 2010 MIJ neck with a 1991 375dlx body.
Great neck, great guitar. Its kind of odd, has the quilted maple on the front and the back.
You don't see it often on the back.
The knobs are black now.
View media item 12781View media item 12780
Then I have this that I got for very little, Kramer body, USA San Dimas neck. Both around 1985.
I went to look at it and the man just kept lowering the price.
I even pointed out the neck said Made in USA and it might be valuable.
He lowered the price again said he just wanted me to be happy and satisfied.
Well I am.
View media item 12782

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score