NGD!!! Jeff Beck Stratocaster

• Thread starter lovehifi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Not great at taking pictures but my new Jeff Beck Stratocaster in surf green is here! Yes I know its not exactly like the original 90s Beck model but I love it! The neck feels great and the set up from the factory is pretty darn good. I think this may be one of the nicest playing Stratocasters I have played. At least for me. Worked the tremolo and guitar stays in perfect tune. Even the action is close to where I like it. I was a little worried about the Hot Noiseless Pickups since I never have heard them before but they sound pretty darn good and the harmonics are great! Very pleased.

DSC01222.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, congrats! Are the volume knobs that close to the bridge pickup on all Strats or does Jeff just like it that way? I'm not a strat guy so I'm probably wrong, but it seems awfully close. It just jumped right out at me.

JAC

Reaction score
Nice guitar! Is it not a Stratocaster Deluxe basically? If so does it have the S-1 switching? The neck plate on the Strat Deluxe is shaped different also. I noticed on videos that Jeff plays these. I read he likes his neck flat with zero relief.

lovehifi

Reaction score
Yes almost like a Deluxe. Doesn't have the S-1 switching though which is fine. Back in the 90s and I think up to 2001 the Beck models had a fat neck, and I believe used Lace pickups. When he went with noiseless PUs he had them custom wound. The neck on the current model like the one I got is larger than my American Standard but not huge at all. Even though I love the fat neck on my R7 Les Paul. I am also relieved that I think these noiseless PUs sound great. I wanted a Strat with a decent tremolo system, surf green and rosewood fingerboard. My 1988 American Standard Stratocaster pictured here has the Lace Golds and the Clapton TBX and MDX mod. Can really get some nice tones.

DSC01030.jpg

lovehifi

Reaction score
Nice, congrats! Are the volume knobs that close to the bridge pickup on all Strats or does Jeff just like it that way? I'm not a strat guy so I'm probably wrong, but it seems awfully close. It just jumped right out at me.

The volume is in the same place on both my Strats. Certainly closer than my Les Paul and SG.