Ngd - Yamaha Rgx 312

• Thread starter zosokun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zosokun

Reaction score
New, to me of course, Yamaha RGX 312. Got it pretty cheap. I broke the push/push pot trying to take off the knob. Didn't know it was a push/push. i was just looking fora project guitar. You know maybe paint, mess with different PUP configs. Neck is straight and frets look great. Not much wear. The tremolo though could need some TLC. Dive bombing takes it out of tune need to pull push a little to get it back. But thinking of replacing with a floyd rose.

Here she is with my pride and joy. Lola a 2014 Les Paul Trad Pro II. Put some PUP covers on it and put old school plastics.

IMG_6340.jpg

zosokun

Reaction score

Yup. i figured i couldnt go wrong here. i looked it up. its from the 90's. Serial puts it somewhere in middle of 90's in July somewhere. really great shape. Not bad sounding too. The Single coils though not too loud and wiring for those might need to be redone. but that should be fairly easy with new pups and pots.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
It looks a lot like my 612. Tighten the springs on the back it shouldn't need that push to get it in tune. They actually work very well and do not need to cut the ball ends off. Mine has the clamp downs at bridge. Change out pickups and away you go! Nice neck!!!

P2180041.jpg

P2180035.jpg

P6260086.jpg