NGD - Zebrawood les Paul...finally

• Thread starter Lowlife
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlife

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wanted to share my newest aquisition. A Gibson Zebrawood Classic Antique from 2007. I fell in love with those guitars a while back...they are quite rare though, and after turning down some with awfully ugly 3 piece tops. I found this one, which I fell in love with.

It sounds great, not as good as my Standard Faded, which is appreciated, because they started out similar in electronics and pickups, and I literally replaced everything on the Faded, so money well spend.

Anywho, here it is:

Ghostman

Reaction score
That looks sharp! Some of the alternative wood models are hard to find the right one. But it looks like the waiting paid off!

Great score!!

poeman33

Reaction score
Congrats. Very unique.
I had a Mann LP copy as my first guitar and it looked similar. Mine had a darker stain and obviously wasn't the same quality of yours, but it was a cool guitar.

johnfv

Reaction score
Very attractive. Reminds me a bit of beautiful Skandinavian furniture. "Isn't it good... Danish wood" :lol:

smallaxe

Reaction score
thats a nice gutiar. i remember when gibson was doing the wood thing. how did you come across one where u are located?

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking guitar, I love zebra wood, had my custom made guitar made from it.

(not wanting to hijack, just share the Love)

What is it about Zebra wood that you like it so much? I almost bought an acoustic with a zebra wood top one time because it sounded awesome. When I went back to get it it was sold.

dsn716

Reaction score
MOTHER F'er! I've been wanting one of those since they were first released. Zebrawood makes such an awesome looking top. Great score man, beautiful guitar!

dreyn77

Reaction score
The design language of this guitar only makes sense from 1 perspective.

I don't think guitar products need to be so complex like this model is. I think Mr Torres would be turning over right about now.
I hope you can avoid your own thoughts towards this guitar the longer you have this guitar. But you've now entered the relationship and I hope it doesn't end in divorce.

SpiritOfTheAge

Reaction score
What is it about Zebra wood that you like it so much? I almost bought an acoustic with a zebra wood top one time because it sounded awesome. When I went back to get it it was sold.

I think it's visually stunning, always loved the complex patterns on all kinds of woods and when I was looking at all the wood available to build aguitar from I went for this as a beautiful alternative to mahogany.

Lowlife

Reaction score
thats a nice gutiar. i remember when gibson was doing the wood thing. how did you come across one where u are located?

I didn't, I had it shipped to Denmark from England, so I hadn't tried it before buying. Shipment was expensive as hell, but I lucked out, didn't get scammed and regret nothing :)

xbolt

Reaction score
I like it...:hbang:

I also have a Zebra on Zebra :cool:

ESPZZ1.JPG

dsn716

Reaction score
I like it...:hbang:

I also have a Zebra on Zebra :cool:

ESPZZ1.JPG

Damn it man, that looks sweet!
I'm about to embark on a Charvel San Dimas type build. I was going to just do an alder body and finish it with Reranch Black and clear gloss Nitro. Seeing this, me thinks maybe a zebrawood top might be the golden ticket.