NGD

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Picked up one of these yesterday.

Gretsch G6229TG Limited Players Edition Champagne Sparkle Jet BT

iu

iu

I can't get photos in my house to come anywhere close to showing the beautiful champaign sparkle. It's quite a dazzler in-person. It's been a long time since I've seen the kind of quality this has. They're made in Japan, and the quality exceeds Gibson and Fender - not even my R8 and R9 are built with this level of attention to detail. It has its own unique sound, plays perfectly, and the Pigsfeet tremolo stays perfectly in tune (normal use). Quite an impressive guitar.

Grestch's are a perfect guitar for the big ethereal P&W sound. Middle position is great for sparkling chords, Bridge position for solos that pop out in the mix.

These also come in a beautiful Aqua Turquois blue (see pic below), but I prefer neutral colors; I've learned that color-painted guitars force a specific mood on me, and then I feel stuck with that mood every time I pick it up (black & white are neutral to me).

8.6 lbs.
Very well balanced.
Medium-gain pickups, but they sound loud and huge.

Here's the Aqua Turquois blue version. I love this too, but it's not for me. Once you pick that color, that's YOUR color forever.
Click for big:
iu

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that sparkle. Play it in good health, wealth and prosperity :yesway:
Today I have crossed a new line. I am in tonal versatility heaven. In this guitar I have all the tones from clean, to blues, to rock, to jazz, to country (not that I play Country, I suck at Country). I cannot put this guitar down. I have been playing it all day yesterday, all night last night, all day today, and will be all night again. My finger callouses have new callouses.

Marshall DSL20C, Orign20C, Fender '68 Vibro Champ, Mesa Mk V:25, I am transformed into magnifico through any of my maps.

I love,

guitars,

and maps,

-Vin

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome, love me some Gretschs.
I never used to like Gretsch guitars. They were the antithesis of hard rock and metal to me. But after decades of playing those styles on Les Pauls and Strats, I need new sounds and feels. I should have gone this direction years ago.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Picked up one of these yesterday.

Gretsch G6229TG Limited Players Edition Champaign Sparkle Jet BT

iu

iu

I can't get photos in my house to come anywhere close to showing the beautiful champaign sparkle. It's quite a dazzler in-person. It's been a long time since I've seen the kind of quality this has. They're made in Japan, and the quality exceeds Gibson and Fender - not even my R8 and R9 are built with this level of attention to detail. It has its own unique sound, plays perfectly, and the Pigsfeet tremolo stays perfectly in tune (normal use). Quite am impressive guitar.

Grestch's are the perfect guitar for the big ethereal P&W sound. Middle position is great for sparkling chords, Bridge position for solos that pop out in the mix.

These also come in a beautiful Aqua Turquois blue (see pic below), but I prefer more neutral colors; I've learned that color-painted guitars force a specific mood on me, and I then I feel stuck with that mood every time I pick it up (black & white are neutral to me).

8.6 lbs.
Very well balanced.
Medium-gain pickups, but they sound loud and huge.

Here's the Aqua Turquois blue version. I love this too, but it's not for me. Once you pick that color, that's YOUR color forever.
Click for big:
iu
Gorgeous! Congratulations and HNGD!

Latest posts