Nipples, Religion and Politics over at MLP, Why Not Here?

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this has been beaten to death, but why there and why not here?
Are we that uncivilized that we aren't allowed to express anything but mainstream Marshall info?
Are we such children that we can't be trusted with those topics?

How have we gravitated to this situation?

Don't get me wrong, I know there are a bazillion sites where I can go and get whatever type of discussion, photo, info, etc. that I desire. I just spent a bit of time over at MLP (our sister forum) and the climate over there is very different...

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to incite a riot Adwex, and I know you have enough to deal with already.
Thanks for putting up with this...

Adwex

Reaction score
Your question is valid, all I know is the history, and it's not pretty. I enjoyed the political (and other "deeper") discussions....well, not all of them, but they were certainly educational. I don't necessarily agree with the PandR ban, but there have been less fiery arguments. It's funny though that a bunch of the people who opposed those discussions aren't even around anymore.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Not being here that long, I do remember only some of the offenders.
Any idea about the membership numbers here versus there?
Personally I think the PandR ban should be reconsidered now that the majority of loudmouths have disappeared.
But then again, things ebb and flow, it is bound to pick up here a bit sooner or later...

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I want to know.....We are a mature, smaller, tighter knit community and I asked the same question(nipple related) in a recent thread and it really didnt get addressed.

Alex didnt even bother to address the issue, I dont know why?

V-man

Reaction score
Mickey and Soulcaster, you guys are both here long enough to have seen the politics/religious threads back when (certainly Mickey, at least). The wisdom behind the official decision is beyond me, but it mostly dealt with people not able to handle politics/religion opening the threads regardless, fighting there and in other threads to take the shit off site, then people leaving.

I like this community and a substantial portion of its members (past and present) but it seems people can't hold their damned liquor. Maybe if the site had more people/traffic so members couldn't keep track of grudges...

Nipples? Gay. We have an afterhours/NSFW section. I hardly see the point why with such moderation, but whatever.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nipples? Gay. We have an afterhours/NSFW section. I hardly see the point why with such moderation, but whatever.
http://www.marshallforum.com/backstage/44348-nipples.html

Agreed anyone stupid enough to get caught opening the after hours at work deserves the sack. Moral of the story dont do it!!! or dont get caught!!!

I really don't care about religion or politics being banned or not, if people could only discuss it without being insulting dickheads it would never have been a problem in the first place. The moment you make it personal it's open season on your ass IMO.

We had a political discussion in here recently regarding events in Europe, besides a few trolls the thread went fine because it never got personal. Seems if you know your facts it doesn't need to get personal.

Peace

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
There used to be ALOT of professional, and professionally minded people here,...everywhere from serious gearheads to some of the countrys top amp techs,...even a R&D guy or two from marshall.

Well, needless to say, guys like this don't stay around a place where they can't explain something to somebody without some fuckstick who can't find the standby switch on their amp calling them a stupid closed minded fuck because they don't believe in unicorns or because they believe in god, or whatever.... so they started their own group.

.....thats pretty much it in a nutshell....

twitchylizard

Reaction score
There used to be ALOT of professional, and professionally minded people here,...everywhere from serious gearheads to some of the countrys top amp techs,...even a R&D guy or two from marshall.

Well, needless to say, guys like this don't stay around a place where they can't explain something to somebody without some fuckstick who can't find the standby switch on their amp calling them a stupid closed minded fuck because they don't believe in unicorns or because they believe in god, or whatever.... so they started their own group.

.....thats pretty much it in a nutshell....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMK3XGO27k]Austin Powers "Help! I'm in a Nutshell!" - YouTube[/ame]

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we all know WHO is responsible for all the bans and mass exodus, but why punish who is left for the sins of others? Isn't this a forum, not the military?

All I am saying is that whatever\whoever is left is certainly capable of policing themselves as far as conduct is concerned. I know that things can get heated, but if it is religion or if it is a standby switch it still should be allowed. I think the subject matter here is immaterial.

Yes, I know that sometimes we get a few unruly members, and I also know it is easy to fall into the trap of posting something one might regret later. I have fallen victim to that myself. All I am saying is that as long as it remains civilized it should be allowed.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Alex almost never post. So not likely he will reply to this thread. And he sure as shit doesnt reply to emails. At least none of mine. Hes basically an absentee landlord.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
I don't understand why people want nipples on this site when all you have to do is open a new window/tab and see all the nipples you can handle. If you really want to share a nipple, PM it.

As far as PandR I got into it with some people because 85% of the discussion was obviously for one political party or trying to share their agenda.

I'm not really for or against it. But you will hear bitching about it if it is here and when it isn't.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem is how it devolves into a fight most times (imo).

i mean i can't even point out that wikipedia's generaly a valid scource of data without being harangued. when making a request respectfuly gets overseen for the base amusement of others because golle, there's no troll available it's an issue.

personaly i'd love to be able to have the discussions even if it were a specific designated spot with an enter at your own risk mentality but it may not be possible, Alex could shed light on it though.

there's levels of dissrespect that ensue here when things get discuessed outside the status quo and even within it. plus we don't all speak in the same manner and that's often used against me (thanks, i have asperger's, sorry you don't understand my posts to the general populace that clearly don't when explaing things imo clearly many times) for base amusement and opnely admittedly so it shows a kind of character. it's a bully mentality and unfortunately that occurs frequently here. even when you state you're okay with another's beliefs though you don't share them and getting pretty nasty remarks about it repeatedly (we call this pushing or bullying) it still happens.

so sadly no, imo we as a group aren't currently able to handle it in a civilized manner. we WANT to but we can't because we all like to POKE and STIR THE POT a litttttle too much for it to work.

i hope that'll change but i doubt it will. being facetious is one thing (and in doing so clarify it) but there's a lot of rampant name calling and bullying that occurs here and it's kind of annoying (if nothing else really).

how many civilized conversations waxing poetic can we truly have with a bunch of bullies? no not everyone and not even those people all the time but it happens....a lot.

sure you can dissagree civily but it doesn't happen enough here. people get out of hand. now if they could...SELF POLICE (as per original desire) and NOT do that we'd likely be fine but the experiment's failed several times now.

just some POSSIBLE reasons/opinions.

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
I know my opinion isn't worth shit (I'm okay with that) new guy and all...
But if I want to rant about politics I'll go to a Political Forum - of which there are MANY

I like this place just the way it is...

just my opinion - as you were gentlemen

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, not politics politics; as in *this* party, or *that* party. More like "Politics is shit" (summed up) :D. I'm not interested in debating candidates. Fuck no. No-Fucking-Way. No thanks.

And Religion... I don't want to talk about what religion is right and which one is wrong... I like to question all of them.

The thing is a lot of conversations can end down the road of "politics". And I tie in music with it, because many of my influences touched such subjects.
I like to discuss it with fellow musicians because it is also part of my inspiration or creative side.
At least it's a big part of the inspiration in my case. It sucks that I come to a forum related to music, but I have to "tone down" what I want to talk about. And I'm not a tech or a guitar wizard... I like to learn, but I like to comment or start discussions in the backstage about things that go through my mind a lot.
Religion and philosphy can go hand in hand, and I like philosophy. I find religion interesting but not as a practice, but more in an analytical perspective; how it works, why it's there, etc.
(See, I'm already starting to get into it)

IbanezMark

Reaction score
Threads get nuked left, right, and center over at MLP and people are always getting a time-out. I'd be just as happy to let them have it and not have that over here.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
Fastest way to ruin a party is to talk politics and religion....NEVER ends up good! It has been proven in the past numerous times that discussion of these topics lead to anger, resentment and former friends now being viewed as an adversary.

Sorry to say but the forum can't...or hasn't policed itself in the past.