No Marshall for me :(

• Thread starter 1Adam12
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1Adam12

Reaction score
Well I had every intention of picking up a Haze 40 during the Black Friday sales; but I guess it was just not meant to be. Guitar Center will no longer sell them unless you buy thier beat up floor model. The web site says they are in stock; but will not ship them. The guy I who waited on me even called the Marshall distributer for the United States. The Marshall represenative stated that the Haze 40 was getting so many returns that they have discontinued it. The represenative on the phone even recommended NOT to buy them as Marshall would no longer accept returns for the Haze 40. I am totally bumed out. I ended up ordering a Blackstar HT-40, it was the only comparable tube amplifire I could afford. I thought about a Class 5, but I really needed the extra wattage. Hopefully someday I will rejoin the Marshall nation, but for now it will just have to wait. Really dissapointed....I hope the HT-40 works out.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Well I had every intention of picking up a Haze 40 during the Black Friday sales; but I guess it was just not meant to be. Guitar Center will no longer sell them unless you buy thier beat up floor model. The web site says they are in stock; but will not ship them. The guy I who waited on me even called the Marshall distributer for the United States. The Marshall represenative stated that the Haze 40 was getting so many returns that they have discontinued it. The represenative on the phone even recommended NOT to buy them as Marshall would no longer accept returns for the Haze 40. I am totally bumed out. I ended up ordering a Blackstar HT-40, it was the only comparable tube amplifire I could afford. I thought about a Class 5, but I really needed the extra wattage. Hopefully someday I will rejoin the Marshall nation, but for now it will just have to wait. Really dissapointed....I hope the HT-40 works out.

Dude..

One word comes to mind: PATIENCE! You can pick up used Marshalls ALL THE TIME..relatively inexpensively, and they sound incredible. Forget Guitar Center, they suck..overpriced, don't know shit..etc..good only for strings and things..check out..........C/list, Ebay..smaller music stores...this is where you go...

1Adam12

Reaction score
I would completely agree with your advice if it were not for a few circumstances. I have no amplifier at all currently, and I really need one. I do not have the cash on hand, so I had to look at financing options. Believe me I looked at Ebay, C/list to see if it was possible to save up the cash. I hit all the local mom&pop music stores, and scouted out the pawn shops. I have already been waiting since May of this year. It was time to pull the trigger. I will have a Marshall one of these days. I have not given up. The HT-40 should serve my needs for now. I had a nice tube Marshall once when I was young and dum enough to sell it. I will have one again someday. :headbanger:

Ken

Reaction score
Since money is such an issue, why didn't you buy the 'beat up floor model'? I'm sure they would have given you a nice price if the only issue was cosmetic. If you gig out your new amp will get fairly beat up anyway!

Ken

1Adam12

Reaction score
I only play out maybe 4 to 5 times a year. The floor model at the store was beyond cosmetic. I know very little about amplifier repair, other then tube replacement/biasing. Also from what the Marshall represenative was saying; they are no longer accepting returns for the Haze 40. They advise their dstributers not to sell them at all. If anything major happens I would be kind of screwed. I am sure there are several folks on this forum that would have been happy to scoop up a floor model. If I was more confident regarding amplifier repair; I would have bought two.

spikei

Reaction score
I had a Haze 40c and wasn't that stroked with it, so maybe a lucky escape for you. Good Luck.