• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

No More Rosewood Fretboards From Fender !!!

• Thread starter Las Palmas Norte
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rick16v

Reaction score
[QUOTE=" There is simply no correlation between a specific species and a specific tone.

Well, thanks for the advice, you could be saving me an absolute fortune here when I choose the woods for my next commission !
I'd love to see the look on my client's face when I tell him I've decided to build his tele thinline style guitar out of an old pallet I have lying about in my workshop and that it doesn't really matter because species is irrelevant.
Never mind the wood, just listen to the density I'll tell him !
I'll still charge the same though, time is money !

Joking aside, yes density does affect tone but harmonic content IS affected by species* - if this were not true we'd all be making guitars out of the most inexpensive cuts we could find and be fobbing prospective buyers off with some spurious marketing hype about it's benefits - usually works !

* Compare a Les Paul Custom pre '73 to post '74 if you ever get a chance and you'll hear what I mean about species and tone - I can hear the difference, can anyone else ?[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like the wood is the ONLY variable between all these guitars.

El Gringo

Reaction score
This is something that we are discussing this on Marshall Forum and not a peep on Les Paul Forum ?

Kutt

Reaction score
I'm sure they will find a way to regulate maple in the next 15 years too, even though there is as much maple available as there is water in the ocean. Regulate/Legislate = profit.