• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Noisy Amp

• Thread starter htaylor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    noise
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

htaylor

Reaction score
I have two JCM800 Lead Series amps running at 16 ohms half stack. One amp has a lot of noise coming out of it (#2). I have changed all the cables around one at a time as well as switched the heads from one cabinet to the other. I still get the noise therefore I surmise it is something in the amp head (#2). Then I realized that I had plugged the guitar cables into the low freq inputs when I put it back together. I went to change them and first went to the quiet amp (#1) while the noisy amp (#2) was in performance mode. I put #1 in stand-by mode then when I pulled the cable out of #1 amp #2 went quiet! I plugged it back in and the noise came back. I plugged it into the high freq input and the noise came back to #2. All of this happened while amp #1 was in stand-by mode. All of my equipment is powered through a Monster power conditioner. I am thinking something is hosed in amp #2. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

htaylor

Reaction score
  • I just replaced #2 with my JCM800 Kerry King and the problem goes away. I'll have to take #2 to a tech and have them take a look at it.