• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

noisy one spot

• Thread starter tone seaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tone seaker

Reaction score
Where the Rock Rolls Hard and the Blues Rains Down
i have a one spot power supply wall wart and it buzzes no matter where im at. i use a old TS9 tube screamer, a old vox wha, and a tuner. it buzzes whith each one indivdulay. i tried a new one and it was the same. iWith batteries or old Boss wall warts its dead quite is there any way to fix this

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
I found the same thing. Onespot and its equivelents are great wirh eq, reverb, delay, chorus and other "time based" effects, but noisy with distortion/od pedals.
I use battery in my Tube Screamer, Rat and tuner pedals. OneSpot is good for the rest.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Are you running a battery clip adapter on your wah?? If so can that thing, battery only wahs like the voxes sound like crap on a wall wart. I have a 90s V847. I use a one spot on my delay and tuner for going on 20years now. I run my OD on battery too I think it sounds better, but isnt noisy on the one spot tho.

Len

Reaction score
I don’t think the one spots are known to be the quietest things out there. Mine isn’t. There are definitely better options. The ones that can provide more than 1A of current tend to be noisy in my experience.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't use my One Spot due to the extraneous noise(buzzing). Got a pedal power 5 and no noise since. Been using the Pedal Power 5 for years now. Still quiet.

I did use batteries in some of my pedals but hated unplugging the jack to stop power drain. Too much plugging/unplugging for me. Hard on cheap jacks. Would do with a wah though as I use it here and there. Not in my pedal chain regularly.

Last edited:

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I found the same thing. Onespot and its equivelents are great wirh eq, reverb, delay, chorus and other "time based" effects, but noisy with distortion/od pedals.
I use battery in my Tube Screamer, Rat and tuner pedals. OneSpot is good for the rest.

Funny, my onespot is fine with ODs but makes a noise when used with a HOF mini reverb.
It was fine with the reverb used in front of the amp but make a noise in the loop???

When it eventually breaks I'll upgrade.

Latest posts