• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Not asking much eh? (Very long).

• Thread starter Sir Don
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Don

Reaction score
I've just joined up to a dating site due to another failed relationship (won't talk about that) and saw this profile on there, very long but I bet she hasen't got too many takers just yet!!

"OK so seeing as how a lot of you don't bother reading all the way through I'll add some stuff up here ...
Looking for someone who is 35 to 45 years old ... If you are under 35 do not bother - I don't care how "hot" you think I am because I am a woman, not a temperature ! ... If you are over 45 years old do not bother - been there done that, do not need the hassle thanks ... And yeah I know "you" are different but still not interested !

MUST be a non-smoker ... That means someone who does not smoke at all EVER !

MUST be a non-drinker or a social drinker ... Was married to an alcoholic and it is very triggering for me :p

MUST love kids and cats - I am a package deal ... Take it or leave it - there is no compromise on this !

Ok now we can get to the other stuff - if you're still reading ! lol ...

You'd think as a psychology graduate i'd be able to describe myself pretty well but interestingly, i find it really difficult ! ... I am a little crazy (haha crazy, not white coat crazy ! lol) - i have 3 kids, which includes a set of twins, so it comes with the territory ! ... I have a good sense of humour ... although it should be noted that sarcasm is my weapon of choice - and it's only the lowest form of wit to those who don't get it ! lol ... I am an Aries, a Rat and an Indigo - some of you will know what that means ! lol ... as well as a Reiki 2 practitioner who holds an interest in crystal healing - kinda doesnt really go with the scientific nature of my education ! lol but it works for me :)

I'm currently studying for a PhD in Psychology ... my first degree was BSc (Hons) biochemistry and physiology which allowed me to do a Grad Dip in Psychology in 2010, and BHSc (Hons) Psychology last year ... my subject matter is not for the feint hearted and i am VERY passionate about it - it is something that has had very little attention in the literature to date, and having had personal experience of the system i am researching, i know that it needs to be changed - and that is what i aim to do !

between studying full time and looking after the kids, i don't have much time for hobbies and interests ... although i do like to read once the kids are in bed - more often than not, it is papers for my study rather than books ! ... i have recently joined the gym at uni, and am enjoying (when time permits) getting back into the exercise and weight training ... had to give up the yoga - to much like torture for me :p ... which is kinda odd considering i did gymnastics for 15+ years and am still pretty flexible !

What I'm Looking For
i'm looking for a guy who will take me as i am ... and who is willing to be who he is rather than putting on a facade ...

i would like someone who has a great personality, a whacky sense of humour, who will understand my witty sarcasm ! For me, being challenged intellectually is important, so intelligence and a good education will go a long way towards providing good conversation on a wide range of topics ...

ideally, i would like a man who looks good in business clothes ... who is good around the house and will actually cook and clean - rather than just telling me he can ! lol ... i'd like him to be well built - and not just the width of his shoulders ;) hehe ... i would like someone who loves kids and is a hands on role model for his own (if he has them) and mine ... i need to know that i can absolutely trust him to keep the home fires burning, particularly if i need to go interstate or overseas for a conference or to London if my Mum gets sick ...

MUST be a non smoker ... and a non or social drinker ... and must love cats !"

I mean seriously, she's narrowed her target audience to basically fuck all!!! :wow:

Good luck is all I can say.

Grunch

Reaction score
Kudos to her for not wanting the average deadbeat single dude.

Grunch

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me whatsoever, but I feel that what she is asking, or looking for, is bordering on unreasonable.

I disagree. She's a divorced single mother of 3. She can't just let any old swinging dick into her life. Seems very reasonable to me.

There is also an element of arrogance in her 'requirements.'

Ahhh, so you DO take some offense to it. I knew it. Give her a call. Maybe she'll let you slide. :D

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
She doesnt seem to be asking much, sounds like a good portion of the population. What I got out of it is no smokers, good sense of humor and a specific age group, if you fit that youre in, the rest is rubbish. If her picture is good I say call her, you dont know if you dont try.

Sir Don

Reaction score
I disagree. She's a divorced single mother of 3. She can't just let any old swinging dick into her life. Seems very reasonable to me.

This is a dating site, plenty of divorced single mothers of 3 there which have far less stringent criteria, but I'm not interested in the least anyway! :wave:

Grunch

Reaction score
This is a dating site, plenty of divorced single mothers of 3 there which have far less stringent criteria, but I'm not interested in the least anyway! :wave:

Who cares what the other mothers of 3 want? This one has a specific set of guidelines. If you don't stack up, don't call her. Simple. Call one of the other ones that will take whatever comes their way. It's nothing to get upset about.

Sir Don

Reaction score
Who cares what the other mothers of 3 want? This one has a specific set of guidelines. If you don't stack up, don't call her. Simple. Call one of the other ones that will take whatever comes their way. It's nothing to get upset about.

Well I'm not upset, and I'm not interested in calling her, my point was that I thought she was asking, unreasonably, a bit much is all. Each to there own I guess.

Grunch

Reaction score
Well I'm not upset, and I'm not interested in calling her, my point was that I thought she was asking, unreasonably, a bit much is all. Each to there own I guess.

It's not unreasonable at all. She has her reasons, and she clearly lays them out for you. She doesn't want a dumb deadbeat. Losers need not apply. Can you blame her? I applaud her. If that rules you out, don't be mad at her, be mad at yourself. Perhaps more women like her in the world could result in fewer Kardashians and Honey Boo-Boo's.

The only red flags I see in her bio are "3 kids" and "going back to the gym". Put two and two together and you got a women who's vagina has been wrecked by children and/or she's probably fat. But hey, some dudes like a fat chick with a pussy like a jar of mayonnaise..

gdh1532

Reaction score
Unless she's loaded, and hot . She had to much baggage, and too busy. She might be great after she gets out or school.

What she should have said (hidden meaning in the size reference) ......
Looking for a gorgeous stud, well hung, that won't fall in love, won't drink all my liquor, vomit then leave, or worse yet..... Get to drunk to get it up. Sorry old guys but I like a lot of sex, you just can't keep up. Sorry to young of guys but, I might need a date for business dinner sometimes, so ill need a more refined type for that. I want a stud for the times I need him, rest of the time....... Be gone some where else.

Grunch

Reaction score
At least you know what you are in for up front. At least she's not bullshitting anyone.

Exactly. She flat out tells you everything you might need to know. She's probably overweight, pushy, high-maintenance, and generally obnoxious. If you can handle all that and still meet her criteria, then give her a call. If not, move on to the next desperate online bio. Surely you'll find one with lower standards.

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
This is an off-the-rack world. She will either bend a little or be partnerless.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Here's my advice ... if you see warning signs, stick w/your gut feeling.

As for that particular profile, yes, I think there are red flags, and like you, I'd stay away.

Latest posts