NPD: Empress Reverb & Free The Tone Tri-Avatar

• Thread starter assquatch20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

assquatch20

Reaction score
So I had ordered the Reverb on a Black Friday scratch and dent sale and received the FTT chorus pedal as an early birthday gift. Talk about a double whammy. I've combined them with the Echosystem to complete the trifecta of Reagan-era tones. I don't yet have the mics and interface to record the full w/d/w setup but I'll try to go DI with the Empress cab emulation into my 2i2 to get some clips up. I'm curious about parallel mixing the three of them now. It might at least be cool with the chorus mixed on the side like that.

The Reverb might have to go back for repair as the LED for the reverse setting doesn't seem to work. I think the warranty still covers that but we'll see. It sounds great. Has more than I'll need. I went into advanced configuration and cranked the stereo spread up.

The Tri-Avatar chorus is something else as well. The presets and MIDI are a big part of why I was interested at first but the actual sounds are wonderful. I do kinda wish it had a stereo input.

"Lush" is definitely a good word for the sounds here. I feel like I'm in Def Leppard or Bryan Adams or something.

50693086212_9abc6f4b96_o.jpg

assquatch20

Reaction score
Well I got a little recording I'm working on that has the pedals on the rhythm track but my lead track isn't great. I've got clipping for some reason. I'm still figuring it all out. Having to do without mics and go straight into the interface for now. Still needs a lot but the chorus and such in the background is nice.

assquatch20

Reaction score
I have the Empress Nebulus to free up some board space. No regrets.

https://empresseffects.com/products/nebulus

I'd never heard of that one. I'm listening to a demo now and it sounds really good. I could still use a vibrato, flanger, and phaser to round out the modulation stuff. I might try to find something stereo that'll do it though. I like having that option. Had Empress made a stereo chorus it probably would've been the one but this FTT is nice. The flanger and vibrato on the Nebulus both sound great.

assquatch20

Reaction score
It's flexible enough for my use. It freed up my EH Mistress and Boss chorus.

pedalboards_04.jpg

That's quite the board there. I've got a Terra 42 I hope to fill out someday with one of those new G3 switchers maybe, but for now I gig with a Nano+. The Nebulus must be pretty good to bump off an Electric Mistress and a Boss chorus. I only know of a handful of Empress products but they seem to all sound great.

assquatch20

Reaction score
I still have a deluxe mistress from gigging days in the 70s. For flange they're tops. Good luck!

A buddy actually has one of the big old ones from way back. It does sound amazing but can be a little noisy. I had the original Bad Stone phaser for awhile myself.

I think I finally figured out my clipping issues but here's a take where I was just adjusting the levels a bit trying to smoothen it out. Next I'll try to get something that just showcases the effects.

jmp45

Reaction score
A buddy actually has one of the big old ones from way back. It does sound amazing but can be a little noisy. I had the original Bad Stone phaser for awhile myself.

I think I finally figured out my clipping issues but here's a take where I was just adjusting the levels a bit trying to smoothen it out. Next I'll try to get something that just showcases the effects.

Nice!!

assquatch20

Reaction score
Here's a clip going from a dry signal to one with the three pedals. This should be the best example of the pedals I've got for now. I should've compensated for the volume jump but it'll do.