NPD: Everyone please welcome "Rio" to the forum (and post pics of your own)

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
New puppy day.

We just got him last week. His name is Rio, and he is from New Jersey. He's a wee little Yorkie Terrier, and he is 1 yr. and 7 months old.

After losing our beautiful Yorkie "Tiny Smalls", of 13 yrs. last November, I just could not live without another one of these truly wonderful companions.

His breeder names her Yorkies after countries and famous cities, towns, etc. "Rio", of course, reminds me of Duran Duran, but I'll get used to it, I like the name so I won't change it. It's better than, say, "Bahama". LOL!

Anyway, he's here on the desk with me right now while I introduce you's. If I can keep him still for long enough to get some more photos, I'll post 'em. This photo is from the breeder:

1707121855269.jpeg

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
Thanks PelliX. BTW, how's it goin' lately - any new gear endeavors / band action?

Both, recorded a few more songs (we only do covers, give or take), that's moving along. Did a couple of unexpected ones, like a Blackmore's Night number with mandolins, 12-string acoustic, wind instruments, etc. In the way of gear more troubleshooting than buying. Picked up a new (old but better) scope to diagnose an issue I'm having with a weird 100KHz signal interfering in the studio. Tracked it down and need to see what I can do about the offending power supply. Either the caps are knackered and not smoothing/filtering as desired, or I simply need to implement a low-pass filter. 100KHz... I don't think even bats can deal with that, though my outboard compressors see it as valid signal.

It was my birthday yesterday and I got BOSS clip on tuner with metronome, but nothing too fancy. Also still working on my bass skills, as it seems harder to find a bass player than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow... :facepalm:

I believe you saw the NAD thread for the JTM45 for which I also built an attenuator, same for the cheap P-bass clone.

Currently having a refreshing return to old fashioned shuffles in a new jacket with some Black Keys' numbers. How 'bout you?

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Congrats, Vin.
Here's our rescue pup. We have had her 2.5 years. Found out after we got her she was adopted twice and returned. She has been lots of work- training and socializing but she's made lots of progress. Smart girl but very reactionary when we first got her.
uxJjbx0.jpg

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
New puppy day.

We just got him last week. His name is Rio, and he is from New Jersey. He's a wee little Yorkie Terrier, and he is 1 yr. and 7 months old.

After losing our beautiful Yorkie "Tiny Smalls", of 13 yrs. last November, I just could not live without another one of these truly wonderful companions.

His breeder names her Yorkies after countries and famous cities, towns, etc. "Rio", of course, reminds me of Duran Duran, but I'll get used to it, I like the name so I won't change it. It's better than, say, "Bahama". LOL!

Anyway, he's here on the desk with me right now while I introduce you's. If I can keep him still for long enough to get some more photos, I'll post 'em. This photo is from the breeder:

View attachment 145488
Congrats! Don't forget he's a guy, so you can't rub his belly!

steveb63

Reaction score
New puppy day.

View attachment 145488
Way cool.
Welcome Rio.....

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
New puppy day.

View attachment 145488
Welcome, Rio! Woof, woof!

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score

DAMMIT! :mad:
:D

I'm taking a chance on this, I made it a couple days ago. IDK if it's appropriate since your kitteh is no longer with us, but I was thinking about him and hoped this might make you smile.
1707477160290.jpeg

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
DAMMIT! :mad:
:D

I'm taking a chance on this, I made it a couple days ago. IDK if it's appropriate since your kitteh is no longer with us, but I was thinking about him and hoped this might make you smile.
View attachment 145688
lol...

both cats are still ok... my indoor cat is the one that was sick, but, after about 14 days of not eating & looking like she wasn't going to make it, she woke up & started eating, like nothing happened & has progressively got better to where she is now.

this one is the feral cat, that's still got a bit of feral streak, but becoming more domesticated each day... not sure what happened to the eye, was already like that. Seems to have an eagle eye though, as it sees things in the night that I don't see, until they come out into the light...