NPDx2

• Thread starter fitz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
New (to me) pedals day.
Got these (plus some cash) in a trade yesterday for my 5010.
TC Hall Of Fame 2 reverb and a T-Rex Tonebug Chorus/Flanger.

The HOF2 is a nice reverb with lots of options.
Not into heavy verb, but easy to switch between plate, room, hall, etc., for some different ambience.
Controls are responsive and go from not enough to way too much.
Easy to find something useful.

The Tonebug is a basic chorus and flanger with simple controls that do exactly what you'd expect.
I'm a chorus junkie and this one works great.
The depth control covers a wider range than just about every chorus pedal I've used.
Actually, I've never had a flanger before - kinda funky and not really my style, but fun to play with. :shrug:

Tried them on my O20 board, but realized that these two pedals are just about everything I need for the loop on the Tweaker 40.
This amp needs no assistance out front - 2 channels that do just about anything.
I threw in a cheap 10 band that was laying around to round out my usual loop pedal trinity, because EQ in the loop in always better than no EQ in the loop. :yesway:

et40.jpg
et40a.jpg

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
New (to me) pedals day.
Got these (plus some cash) in a trade yesterday for my 5010.
TC Hall Of Fame 2 reverb and a T-Rex Tonebug Chorus/Flanger.

The HOF2 is a nice reverb with lots of options.
Not into heavy verb, but easy to switch between plate, room, hall, etc., for some different ambience.
Controls are responsive and go from not enough to way too much.
Easy to find something useful.

The Tonebug is a basic chorus and flanger with simple controls that do exactly what you'd expect.
I'm a chorus junkie and this one works great.
The depth control covers a wider range than just about every chorus pedal I've used.
Actually, I've never had a flanger before - kinda funky and not really my style, but fun to play with. :shrug:

Tried them on my O20 board, but realized that these two pedals are just about everything I need for the loop on the Tweaker 40.
This amp needs no assistance out front - 2 channels that do just about anything.
I threw in a cheap 10 band that was laying around to round out my usual loop pedal trinity, because EQ in the loop in always better than no EQ in the loop. :yesway:

View attachment 150234
View attachment 150235
Nice little kit ya got there, fitz. :yesway:

I like that EQ. There's one on Reverb for $38, are they good? I also use the same HOF reverb, gets the job done.

Bull Rock

Reaction score
Nice mini loop board! You're right, the Eggys don't really need anything up front. I do have a friedman golden pearl running in front of mine for the occasional tighten up n magic. I still gotta get the right black control knobs. That really is a sexy looking rig man. HNPDx2 brother.

NumbSkull

Reaction score
I have had a Plethora x5 for a couple of weeks, it includes the HOF.
There is a lot more going on than just reverb,
the tone print app lets you edit lots of settings and the MASH footswitch can control several parameters.
Well worth getting the app and watching a couple of YT vids to know what it does.
I like the shimmer and the angelic voices, many good sounds that are not obvious.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice little kit ya got there, fitz. :yesway:

I like that EQ. There's one on Reverb for $38, are they good? I also use the same HOF reverb, gets the job done.
Thanks, that EQ works fine on that amp. I've found that amp / pedal pairings can be hit or miss. Can't recall if I've had any problems with the EQ on other amps.

Latest posts