OFFICIAL 50th Anniversary Thread

• Thread starter tarznamps
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Reaction score
I hope a line of toy amps isn't their best effort for the 50th.

Well, assuming I'm wrong and they run on downsized verions of the correct tubes, they might be pretty good sounding amps. I'd love any of them but I'm sure they will be far too expensive, assuming I even ever see one for sale. These will be uber expensive. I hope I'm wrong. But look how many people already posted they'd buy one, or all!

Ken

Hollowbody

Reaction score
in my part of the world, they actually MAKE top shelf amplifiers... i believe you have a few of them

PARDON, I hate to differ with you son, but a pre-amp only colors your power stage. Know what the fuck your talking about before you open your pie hole.

In dooley's part of the world music electronic gear is amazing.

Wether or not someone's power tubes or preamp tubes affect tone depends on how they run the gain stages.

And the diodes in a jube aren't always in, depends how you switch it.

Oh wait, my bad, this thread is about the 50th Anniversary Marshall.

AztecAdam

Reaction score
Had a chat with my local source today... I don't think he knew how much he should say (he was taken back that I knew about the little 1watters) but these 5 are the real deal. We started talking about the rest of the range and I didn't get too much out of him but he briefly mentioned something about one of the new amps being scalable to 0.1w... I can't see that being on any of the 1w amps so I'm assuming it'll be a feature on the larger head/heads they release (I guess just like the AFD?).

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
Oh, man I want the JMP!
just what I need yummy yummy! I think I'll have to deps one allready before they come out.

when the jubilee came out in the 80's guitar music was still very much mainstream, man what a great time that was, I was only a small kid, but I can remember that everywhere you go, in a shop or on the radio in a car or on tv, you allways heard guitar solo's.

Sadly guitar has went from the main stage to the bedroom. and this 50th is further is proof.

You guys really shouldn't complain, cause in a matter of only 5 years and less, Marshall came out with Handwired reissues, Vintage Modern, JH 100, the JVM, the KK, 2203x, Lemmy's murder one, the Paul Weller combo, the AFD, the YJM, the Class 5, the Haze 40 and 15, the JMD, the MA series. etc . Hats off to the engineers, THey have been going like the clappers compared to previous decades when they where making alot more money!!

R & D layout left must have costed a fortune!
We are spoilled with choices and some want more? thats just naughty, practise and just hope that someone great with a Marshall backline cracks into the mainstream.

rich24a

Reaction score
I can't see any pictures... can anybody re-upload them or upload a link to them as I haven't been able to find anything here...

rjtm

Reaction score
I can't see any pictures... can anybody re-upload them or upload a link to them as I haven't been able to find anything here...

Heres a picture of the 1 watt JVM

Attachments

• JVM-1.jpg
    JVM-1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 55

Ken

Reaction score
I went to GC today and the guy at least pretended to be aware of them, but knew nothing. He said, "You know more than I do," and all I know is what was posted here today. He did suggest I put in an order with him but when I told him how few were being made while not knowing the price, I said I'd check back.

Ken

JUBILEELOVINFOOL

Reaction score
I'll wait to hear what one sounds like before I jump on the bandwagon.
I was never one to buy into hype like this. You guys are ready to drop your hard earned money on something that you haven't even heard yet.

Ken

Reaction score
I'll wait to hear what one sounds like before I jump on the bandwagon.
I was never one to buy into hype like this. You guys are ready to drop your hard earned money on something that you haven't even heard yet.

That's true for me!!!! It's because they're CUTE!!! :lol: Who cares what it sounds like; hell their battery amp is pretty good considering it's a battery amp. I'd buy 50 of the anniversary amps and make a backline on stage.

Ken

JUBILEELOVINFOOL

Reaction score
I already have a mini jubilee, a mini JMP, and a mini JCM 800(artist, but close enough) and these are the real deal, not some half baked version. So you can see why I,m not getting my panties all wet over these new mini's.
TRINITY.jpg

Chris Martins

Reaction score
that's just too cool looking. If they sound any good, they're going to sell like hot cakes. And I'm going to buy them all... well I'm truly interested in the 800, JMP and JVM mostly...

PuroMojo

Reaction score
And if you were a pigeon those 1w would be your bread crumbs :lol:

rjtm

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but the reason I "have my panties wet" is because I want some of the 50th anniversary merchandise without spending a lot (no extra money at the moment or anywhere in the near future for that kind of purchase). I think if they sound legit, it would be a really cool thing to have, and if they are loud 1 watt amps, they could be mic'd and used in gigs!

Ken

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but the reason I "have my panties wet" is because I want some of the 50th anniversary merchandise without spending a lot (no extra money at the moment or anywhere in the near future for that kind of purchase). I think if they sound legit, it would be a really cool thing to have, and if they are loud 1 watt amps, they could be mic'd and used in gigs!

I have my Marshall battery amp in my gig bag always thinking in case of accident!! ...Although I have my Music Man too so maybe I'm chicken, plus I can always plug into the PA and stick my TS up front. I'm sure these amps will sound far better though. I'd love to mic one at practice at least and see what the band thinks.

But....I know they'll be too hard to buy and too much money.

Ken

Latest posts