• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

OK, so now I'm REALLY upset!

• Thread starter Dave_11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_11

Reaction score
We all know that Marshall amps are half the price in the EU as they are in the US. I was curious about the pricing on other gear and looked up EU prices for Celestion speakers. They are also cheaper, but hey they're a UK company so I can accept that. Then I looked at Fender amps...

Princeton Reveb 68 Custom at Sweetwater is $1299.99
Princeton Reveb 68 Custom at Thomann is $1169 (US)

Vert der ferk?! Et tu, Fender? Now I'm REALLY upset! :pissed: [removed potentially political joke - Dave_11]

Last edited:

Calebz

Reaction score
Salaries in the USA are very high if I compare them with what is paid in Spain. At least twice times. We have a lot more taxes than USA too.
This probably has a bit to do with it. Salaries for professional jobs here in france are also lower than their American equivalents. Prices on things have to reflect that at some point

BlueX

Reaction score
We all know that Marshall amps are half the price in the EU as they are in the US. I was curious about the pricing on other gear and looked up EU prices for Celestion speakers. They are also cheaper, but hey they're a UK company so I can accept that. Then I looked at Fender amps...

Vert der ferk?! Et tu, Fender? Now I'm REALLY upset! :pissed: [removed potentially political joke - Dave_11]
If you choose USA and USD on Thomann website you might see price excluding VAT.

When I check this item choosing DE/EUR or SE/SEK I see a price that is about 12% higher than US/USD, and higher than the Sweetwater price.

Dave_11

Reaction score
If you choose USA and USD on Thomann website you might see price excluding VAT.

When I check this item choosing DE/EUR or SE/SEK I see a price that is about 12% higher than US/USD, and higher than the Sweetwater price.
My post is kind of tongue-in-cheek, but sales taxes in the US are not added until you do the checkout. My price with tax from Sweetwater is $1394.24. Depending on your state and city, tax may be as high as 10% added to the US price above. So assuming that the prices above are both pre-tax, it still doesn't make sense to me why the amp is cheaper in the EU.

I know that pharmaceuticals are priced according to a countries ability to pay, but for a luxury item like an amp I have a hard time believing that Marshall and Fender are so magnanimous that they are pricing their products based on local salaries.

BlueX

Reaction score
My post is kind of tongue-in-cheek, but sales taxes in the US are not added until you do the checkout. My price with tax from Sweetwater is $1394.24. Depending on your state and city, tax may be as high as 10% added to the US price above. So assuming that the prices above are both pre-tax, it still doesn't make sense to me why the amp is cheaper in the EU.

I know that pharmaceuticals are priced according to a countries ability to pay, but for a luxury item like an amp I have a hard time believing that Marshall and Fender are so magnanimous that they are pricing their products based on local salaries.
OK!
Still, if I convert the sales price in Germany (EUR including VAT and shipping) to USD I get $ 1 385. Quite close.

BlueX

Reaction score
But I'm all butthurt because of the high Marshall prices in the US! I wanna see you guys in the EU paying twice the price for Fender amps! :lol:
Sorry if I killed a good rant!

Tried to make a comparison on Mesa amps, but they seem to be so expensive over here that they are no longer sold.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
My net worth is just over $3.5M in investments, assets, and cash. My house and cars are long paid off, I have zero debt, and I'm retired.
(It's actually just under $2M. I exaggerated to make a point.)
Yet, not even I can afford really good gear.

Last edited:

anitoli

Reaction score
My net worth is just over $3.5M in investments, assets, and cash. My house and cars are long paid off, I have zero debt, and I'm retired.
Yet not even I can afford really good gear.
Said many a married man..............

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score

You generally might make more money than the minions in the EU.

Dave_11

Reaction score
Yet not even I can afford really good gear.
Sounds like you've got your priorities all out of whack, my friend. Hey, wait a minute, aren't you the guy who once posted you have so much gear that you have to store it in a shed in your back yard? Something's not adding up here... :scratch:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got your priorities all out of whack, my friend. Hey, wait a minute, aren't you the guy who once posted you have so much gear that you have to store it in a shed in your back yard? Something's not adding up here... :scratch:
It's all the cheap stuff: Marshall and Fender, mostly. It's not the really good gear. Not sure I ever said anything about storing gear in a "shed in my back yard", can you post a link to that here? Because if I did say that, it would be figurative, as I would never store gear in an outdoor shed here in upstate NY, NFW. So either find the post, or you're spreading misinformation and disinformation, and I will report you to the top-level authorities.

You have 24 hours to provide the evidence. The current time and date for reference is: Thursday, February 22, 2024 @ 7:11pm.

I suggest you get to work immediately.

Last edited:

Dave_11

Reaction score
It's all the cheap stuff: Marshall and Fender, mostly. It's not the really good gear. Not sure I ever said anything about storing gear in a "shed in my back yard", can you post a link to that here? Because if I did say that, it would be figurative, as I would never store gear in an outdoor shed here in upstate NY, NFW. So either find the post, or you're spreading misinformation and disinformation, and I will report you to the top-level authorities.

You have 24 hours to provide the evidence. The current time and date for reference is: Thursday, February 22, 2024 @ 7:11pm.

I suggest you get to work immediately.
I didn't even need 24 seconds. Just searched for "shed" and your screen name and this popped right up...

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't even need 24 seconds. Just searched for "shed" and your screen name and this popped right up...
Excellent. I remember that post now. So where did I say I store gear in my shed?

Dave_11

Reaction score
Excellent. I remember that post now. So where did I say I store gear in my shed?
Well, you didn't exactly, but you have to admit you were thinking about it.

Anyway, I've moved on to other things to be upset about. Like these shoes that I've been waiting on Red Wing to release for several months, and all of a sudden they are available in Germany but not on the US RW website. What's up with that?

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, you didn't exactly, but you have to admit you were thinking about it.

Anyway, I've moved on to other things to be upset about. Like these shoes that I've been waiting on Red Wing to release for several months, and all of a sudden they are available in Germany but not on the US RW website. What's up with that?
The Vinsanitizer remains above reproach on the forum.

Although, he does give you an 'A' for effort. ;) :yesway: