• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

OK, so now I'm REALLY upset!

• Thread starter Dave_11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
You, sir, are a piece of work :rolleyes:
Ok Dave, enough of the BS. I probably won't taunt you a second time. :naughty:

So I see's that you have the SV20H. What cab are you using with it, and how do you like it? (I have the SC20H (JCM 800), and love it.) If I understands correctly, the SV20 has to be cranked to sound like it should, but it's too loud b/c there be no Master volume. Do you use an attenuator?

Also, do you have any thoughts on the new JTM yet?

Dave_11

Reaction score
Ok Dave, enough of the BS. I probably won't taunt you a second time. :naughty:

So I see's that you have the SV20H. What cab are you using with it, and how do you like it? (I have the SC20H (JCM 800), and love it.) If I understands correctly, the SV20 has to be cranked to sound like it should, but it's too loud b/c there be no Master volume. Do you use an attenuator?

Also, do you have any thoughts on the new JTM yet?
Except for the Lead 12, my Marshall journey started just a couple of years ago or so with the Ori5. I got it at a great price used, but never really cared for the tone. A little while later I bought the Ori20 combo, thinking this would be exactly what I wanted, and although the tone is good, it's just not what I had in my mind for the Marshall tone I want. I tried to get that tone with pedals, but something was still missing. Then last Nov the SV20H went on sale for $999 and I bought one. Finally, this is the exact Marshall tone I was after. It has the "bite" that the Ori20 was missing, and no matter what pedal or tone setting, it always sounds great. Pedals that sounded "meh" or woolly with my Ori20 sound great with the SV20. I'm using a JohnH attenuator that I built from parts and instructions that Gene Ballzz generously sold me, and running it through my Ori20 cab/speaker. I'll probably sell the Ori20, so I'm looking at small cabs, and will probably buy a Mojotone British Lite 1x12 when they are back in stock.

No thoughts on the JTM -- it's probably not my style since people say the Oris are JTM-ish. I would love to have an SC20 though, to compare with the SV20.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Except for the Lead 12, my Marshall journey started just a couple of years ago or so with the Ori5. I got it at a great price used, but never really cared for the tone. A little while later I bought the Ori20 combo, thinking this would be exactly what I wanted, and although the tone is good, it's just not what I had in my mind for the Marshall tone I want. I tried to get that tone with pedals, but something was still missing. Then last Nov the SV20H went on sale for $999 and I bought one. Finally, this is the exact Marshall tone I was after. It has the "bite" that the Ori20 was missing, and no matter what pedal or tone setting, it always sounds great. Pedals that sounded "meh" or woolly with my Ori20 sound great with the SV20. I'm using a JohnH attenuator that I built from parts and instructions that Gene Ballzz generously sold me, and running it through my Ori20 cab/speaker. I'll probably sell the Ori20, so I'm looking at small cabs, and will probably buy a Mojotone British Lite 1x12 when they are back in stock.

No thoughts on the JTM -- it's probably not my style since people say the Oris are JTM-ish. I would love to have an SC20 though, to compare with the SV20.
Pretty much my same experience with the Ori20 combo. I have one in white. I was excited at first, but I quickly found myself tweaking and tweaking, until I finally gave up. Brand new, 4 hours on it, then back in the box waiting for a buyer. Moreover, I paid the full $750 for it, and now they're $650 because they aren't selling. So I kinda lost my @ss on it.

Dave_11

Reaction score
Pretty much my same experience with the Ori20 combo. I have one in white. I was excited at first, but I quickly found myself tweaking and tweaking, until I finally gave up. Brand new, 4 hours on it, then back in the box waiting for a buyer. Moreover, I paid the full $750 for it, and now they're $650 because they aren't selling. So I kinda lost my @ss on it.
I can't remember what I paid for mine -- maybe $550. I got it spring of '22 from a small music shop that still had it for $100 less than what they were priced at, at that time (from the Marshall price increase). I've seen them sit on craigslist at $400 though, so I don't have a lot of hope for mine. But then again, what I've found is it just takes the right buyer. If that person comes along, then it will sell.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Gots to love the @Vinsanitizer+ !

The addition of the + makes it more concrete. I love this place. :dude:
I hate when they change things, they make them cheaper and then try to pass them off as "new and improved" oooh. Ha! I liked the original just fine and so far I haven't seen anything to make me believe the "Plus" is any better.

:D

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate when they change things, they make them cheaper and then try to pass them off as "new and improved" oooh. Ha! I liked the original just fine and so far I haven't seen anything to make me believe the "Plus" is any better.

:D
I don't know if you saw my signature last month advertising my new-and-improved "Vinsanitizer Plus", but it was on sale for 30 days for Only $3.95. To help promote the sale, I added the "+" to my moniker. Once it's changed I have to wait for an admin to approve it. Once approved, it can't be changed again for 30 days. When the 30 days was up and the sale was over, on 2/12/24, I changed my moniker back to "Vinsanitizer". However, this time the request has escaped the admin(s), and I expect I'm stuck with it forever now. That is why you see under my moniker that it (temporarily) says, "^Awaiting change since 2/12/2024". It's been 2 weeks so far. I don't know what this site's net value is, but if it were ever up for sale, I'd like to buy it out and make the moderators full administrators. As great as this forum is, a number of things need to be fixed and cleaned up on the technical, functional, and interface sides.

Anyway, that's the story of the '+' at the end of my moniker.

arthur.lowery

Reaction score
We all know that Marshall amps are half the price in the EU as they are in the US. I was curious about the pricing on other gear and looked up EU prices for Celestion speakers. They are also cheaper, but hey they're a UK company so I can accept that. Then I looked at Fender amps...

Princeton Reveb 68 Custom at Sweetwater is $1299.99
Princeton Reveb 68 Custom at Thomann is $1169 (US)

Vert der ferk?! Et tu, Fender? Now I'm REALLY upset! :pissed: [removed potentially political joke - Dave_11]
Yes, but we have to run them on twice the voltage!