Old Demo of Six Feet Deep

• Thread starter NewReligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading through ManAgainstCatfish's Thread about writing on demand and remebered this Demo I wrote in 2004/2005 when I was just getting into recording.

I had a buddy (Scott Douglas that played for a Southern Rock Band (Bounty Hunter, Lakeland FL in addition to sitting in for some well known Southern Headliners). Anyway I wanted to do something along his genre. Scott was kind enough to play Drums and Ed Paauwe on Bass as we all grew up together as Hoosiers.

I kind of went overboard on the center Solo but oh well lol. May rework this song to include on a Blues Project one day.

None the less this song does remind me of you Catfish!.

David ♫

Six Feet Deep. Peavey Classic 50 Strat/Ibanez 570 and Takamine:

Six Feet Deep by DavidCHopkins on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds very cool. :yesway:

I like the solo in the middle of the song, lot's of ballz. :yesway:

managainstcatfish

Reaction score
Dude, that's some sick shit right there. Who's singing? That you? It's really good. The intro/outro solos have a KILLER Stratoriffic tone & the middle one just rips. Not much I can say on constructive criticism. I would like to hear the acoustic guitar a little louder, but that could just be the fact that I'm on computer speakers right now. Also, during the middle solo, it sounded like the clean guitar drops out completely, whereas it doesn't during the other solos. That's it. Cool song, great vocals, & killer chops. "Donchoo FUUUU.. with meeeee!" Nice.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds very cool. :yesway:

I like the solo in the middle of the song, lot's of ballz. :yesway:

Dude, that's some sick shit right there. Who's singing? That you? It's really good. The intro/outro solos have a KILLER Stratoriffic tone & the middle one just rips. Not much I can say on constructive criticism. I would like to hear the acoustic guitar a little louder, but that could just be the fact that I'm on computer speakers right now. Also, during the middle solo, it sounded like the clean guitar drops out completely, whereas it doesn't during the other solos. That's it. Cool song, great vocals, & killer chops. "Donchoo FUUUU.. with meeeee!" Nice.

LOL, yeah where is the PMRC when you need them.

Sounds awesome man, your a great artist :applause:

Thanks guys. I should not be posting tunes while there is a comp currently going on, just wanted to say that yes you can pinch one off on demand if needed.

Later, David ♫