Opinions On Ceriatone Plexi?

• Thread starter 99_Revolutions
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Are you playing on a big stage? If not don't get one they are TOO loud to enjoy at home. I had one and fooled around with OD pedals, attenuators, mods, it was a waste of time and a lot of money, or should I say a learning experience. Buy an amp with a master volume that's my recommendation.

jack daniels

Reaction score
If the OP is thinking about going the Ceriatone route, there are so many amp model offerings by Ceriatone. I have really been enjoying the hell out of my JTM50 custom built Marshall clone head (by Mouradian). The power range is more like 38 watts. The amp is loaded with a NOS Mullard GZ34, NOS Mullard GT/12AX7M's, and NOS GT Mullard EL34's. When coupled with a Hiwatt/Fane 4x12" cab the sound is powerful, clean(ish), and clear ala Gary Moore. When coupled with a Marshall Greenback 4x12" cab it's classic rock and the blues. Very versatile amp head the JTM50.

fat_lenny

Reaction score
Ive played the Ceriatone JTM45. Very nice sounding amp, still loud though. Ive also heard the Ceriatone Plexi Superlead and thought it sounded awesome, but I've not played it, or heard it back to back with an original super lead.

I'm also looking through the Ceriatone amps as an option while looking for something not as loud as my JCM900. The JTM45 is one I'm looking at, but I would need to try it with my attenuator as it is still pretty loud for home use. If I am needing an attenuator still, it almost defeats the purpose of finding a smaller amp that doesn't need to blow the walls off for small gigs and at home use.

99_Revolutions

Reaction score
Are you playing on a big stage? If not don't get one they are TOO loud to enjoy at home. I had one and fooled around with OD pedals, attenuators, mods, it was a waste of time and a lot of money, or should I say a learning experience. Buy an amp with a master volume that's my recommendation.
I plan on getting the Weber mass 200. And I plan on sending it to get modded right from the factory. So gain at high volumes is not a problem

minerman

Reaction score
I had a Ceriatone Chupacabra, which is a hot-rodded version of the SLP circuit. Me & an online buddy, who has a Marshall 1987x did comparison clips, same mic, same speakers, & almost the same guitars. My amp had the "Era" switch in plexi mode, with no extra gain switches on, just the "regular" amp mode. There was a slight difference, but that could've came from anything (IE: mic placement may have been just a little different, different guys sound different simply because they play different, etc).

Short version: Ceriatone makes good amps man, regardless of what you hear/read on the internet. I bought mine used from a guy here, & had no issues at all, matter of fact, I'm in the process of trying to get that very same amp back. As always, YMMV, but the experiences I've had with Ceriatone (only one amp though), has been great...

99_Revolutions

Reaction score
I had a Ceriatone Chupacabra, which is a hot-rodded version of the SLP circuit. Me & an online buddy, who has a Marshall 1987x did comparison clips, same mic, same speakers, & almost the same guitars. My amp had the "Era" switch in plexi mode, with no extra gain switches on, just the "regular" amp mode. There was a slight difference, but that could've came from anything (IE: mic placement may have been just a little different, different guys sound different simply because they play different, etc).

Short version: Ceriatone makes good amps man, regardless of what you hear/read on the internet. I bought mine used from a guy here, & had no issues at all, matter of fact, I'm in the process of trying to get that very same amp back. As always, YMMV, but the experiences I've had with Ceriatone (only one amp though), has been great...
I've been curious about the chup.

How well do you think it could do Green Day tones?

minerman

Reaction score
I've been curious about the chup.

How well do you think it could do Green Day tones?
Well, personally I think that depends on you more than anything IMO dude. I'm sure a lot of his sound/tone comes from his gear, but, it also comes from him. The way he plays, how hard he hits the strings, etc. Myself I've never tried to cop his tone, but I have others. On some I got close with the chupa, on others, not so much. Again, a lot of it depends on one's technique/playing as much as the gear itself IMO...And as always, YMMV...

99_Revolutions

Reaction score
Well, personally I think that depends on you more than anything IMO dude. I'm sure a lot of his sound/tone comes from his gear, but, it also comes from him. The way he plays, how hard he hits the strings, etc. Myself I've never tried to cop his tone, but I have others. On some I got close with the chupa, on others, not so much. Again, a lot of it depends on one's technique/playing as much as the gear itself IMO...And as always, YMMV...
Thanks man!

custom53

Reaction score
I had a Ceriatone Head once. It was the JCM800 Model. Build quality was just as good as Marshall. Sounded great also. I sold it because I was running out of room for my amps. I do remember it sold very quickly. In fact I had a small bidding war going on with it between a couple of people. They must have been in a very high demand at the time for the model I had. I do remember I bought it without even hearing it first and wasn't a bit disappointed when I did get it and played through it. Still kind of wish I had kept it but I just didn't have the room for it anymore.

proxy

Reaction score
You can buy this one from me:applause:
Cannot upload pics....files are too large .....

Last edited:

proxy

Reaction score
:)

Attachments

• 00g0g_bnDRsJg26Rp_600x450.jpg
    00g0g_bnDRsJg26Rp_600x450.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 8

proxy

Reaction score
Immaculate wiring

Attachments

• 00606_hnK3AGZf5DV_600x450.jpg
    00606_hnK3AGZf5DV_600x450.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 7

64Vibroverb

Reaction score
This is a 50W I picked up off ebay years back before I started building my own. I've thought about selling it, but like it too much. I had to replace a couple of caps that failed but otherwise is stock. Not sure if they still have this version with the red board and Marshall style voltage & impedance selector on back.

c1.jpg

Last edited:

Nudge68

Reaction score
My big regret leaving KL was not picking up a Ceriatone.