Opinions on this celestion

• Thread starter The Grim Peeper
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Grim Peeper

Reaction score
IMG_3734.jpegI’ve had this in a cab I use for years not remembering what it was. I came to think that it was a 75. When I opened the cab recently I saw that it was a g12T 100. Is this just a higher watt version of the 75? I always loved the way it sounded. I’ve also seen a lot of haters while reading about it.

Lily_Taeko74

Reaction score
they're alright, super bright and loud. during the era of the nu metal and bro rock they were popular amongst those guys. I think they brighten up double Drop D and C tunings for that music but after 2005 the speakers were rarely spoken about unless you were the slipnot guys or Lamb of God uses them...I think

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I have a couple of G12T-100s (AKA: Hot 100) hooked up to my Valvestate VR65R.
They are both 16 ohms, wired in parallel to get the 8 ohm load the amp needs for full power.
Reportedly more bassy and less toppy than a G12T-75, which is what the VS65R needed.
Hard to verify though as the combo had a Marshall Gold Back SPK65 (Eminence) in it before.
Never had a G12T-75.

I've had a G12T-100 in use somewhere ever since I bought a DSL401 from new.
That was the speaker they came with in the UK at the time.
I got another one to use in a 1912 cab under the 401 (coz I didn't know anything about speakers at the time).

Really good speakers IMHO, and reasonably unbreakable if used correctly.
Not boutique style amazing, but you pay your money.....
Might be just a higher wattage G12T-75, some key stats are different, but G12T-75 users would probably explain why not.

They are now discontinued, but for a period they were the only 4 ohm speaker Celestion made.
Claimed to be the speaker choice for Kerry King (Slayer) :hmm: and purported to be suited to hybrid amps (like my Valvestate).

Last edited:

Lily_Taeko74

Reaction score
everyone has their favs when it comes to speakers. plus with the ability to recreate different speakers in different power rating, cone types, magnet strength it adds to loyalty among what sounds good with what we play. Honestly I wish I had been seeking other speakers sooner than later