Own a guitar? Read this, could cost you $17,000

• Thread starter kramer.geetar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JayCM800

Reaction score
I say Fuck the Feds and Fuck India too!

Where else to buy rosewood, ebony and stuff? I remember Les Paul Customs with Maple necks to be pretty awesome! :lol::lol:

Make sure it's northamerican Maple! :fingersx:

AJDrac

Reaction score
Yet another reason for me to just not fly commercial. I'll stick to my Cherokee where I can not only avoid nosy security people, but provide my own personal security in the form of however many firearms I just happen to feel like carrying with me that day (can be quite a few if I'm traveling to shoot!).

This strategy will work perfectly until I run out of money :(

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
You better check that again against the facts and not the ad hoc comments in that video. The Indian Government isn't the issue here; it's the Fed's interpretation of the Lacey Act as they're applying it to an Indian Law that prohibits the export of raw materials for finishing out of country. There's a big difference there, Die. You can see my diatribe in the Henry J. thread on that in detail.
dude...you really missread my posts HORRIBLY. lay off....i was saying THE SCOURCE OF THE WOOD IS INDIA....Jesus Christ. :wtf:

find someone else to argue with...someone you can interpret properly so your point's valid.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
How the fuck do they prove where the wood came from...talk to it in fucking Portuguese?. Or is it if you don't have the documentation to prove where the wood came from it's illegal.
If so what if you ship stuff on wooden pallets...are they Brazilian mahogany unless proven otherwise. What kind of dick heads have you guys elected over there?

Fucking stroll on

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
That article provides zero sources so it doesn't hold any water.
I had the same thinking.

I live in Southern California, and a couple of times each year we take some gear over the border into Baja California, Mexico, to play a few shows there. Upon re-entry through the port of San Ysidro, neither I or my bandmates have never had any trouble bringing back our gear. CBP officers check all the stuff out, but its quick and we and our gear are through in no time.

Papus

Reaction score
This is part of a deliberate and concentrated long-term plan to destroy ROCK AND ROLL itself!
Next they'll take our un-environmental tube amps, and the do-gooders will be limiting the output level of ALL amps to 80dB "for our own protection".
FUCKEN DO-GOODERS!
FUCKEN RELIGIOUS NUTTERS!

drewz120

Reaction score
HORSE SHIT

This is lame shit, and I cant imagine with a good lawyer you couldnt win. They need to start going to every pawshop in America and looking at the inventory of all the shit they have. Why not start going over everyones home ever made and check the wood too.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
HORSE SHIT

This is lame shit, and I cant imagine with a good lawyer you couldnt win. They need to start going to every pawshop in America and looking at the inventory of all the shit they have. Why not start going over everyones home ever made and check the wood too.
from the way things are looking with those on house meters that were approved in many states and the enactment Bush Jr. passed to allow the governement to tap phones etc it probably will go that route in no time.

we're looking at a possible 1984

lol.

I hope not and all but, yeah we're losing a lot of freedoms every day by the power elite and corrupt using whiney soccer moms as a scource excuse (you know..."i don't like violent tv or video games because it corrupts our youth" bs)

it seems people aren't willing to parent their kids so they want to restrict everyone or have big brother step in.

personaly i don't like those same thingsd for my kid but, i personaly limit her exposure...and it's really easy to do too.

just in general there's a lot of "horse shit" going on....makes me sick and sad.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see some hard facts like charges being made.

I know how it works though and the bigger a possible case...the longer it takes but, still....i'd like to know what's going on for real at this point...

The Ozzk

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see some hard facts like charges being made.

I know how it works though and the bigger a possible case...the longer it takes but, still....i'd like to know what's going on for real at this point...
I agree.

The fact that Gibson has resumed operations tells me that the political hype of the case might be bigger than the actual circumstances.

We'll see. For now, my gut is telling me not to trust either side until the facts are known, and if posible buy as many American Gibsons as I can because something tell me the ulterior driver for all this is to move Gibson elsewhere and have only the Custom Shop in America.

impetus maximus

Reaction score
i look at the government as a bully. it's going to keep picking on more and more
people until it pisses enough Americans, and the rest of the world
to the point where we won't take it anymore.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM[/ame]

it's time for an evolution.

Salsg

Reaction score
This is part of a deliberate and concentrated long-term plan to destroy ROCK AND ROLL itself!
Next they'll take our un-environmental tube amps, and the do-gooders will be limiting the output level of ALL amps to 80dB "for our own protection".
FUCKEN DO-GOODERS!
FUCKEN RELIGIOUS NUTTERS!

Let go of your hatred, man, Religious people have nothing to do on this one.

IronMaidenNutter

Reaction score
So basically if ever go to the US with my guitar they are gonna stop me at the airport... ask me where the wood came from. (who the fuck would know...) And just take my guitar? Well then they can shoot me in the head before i let go of it lol.

impetus maximus

Reaction score
"I don't wanna start a political debate here, but this wood crisis has some political bearing.
The CEO of Gibson went on Your World with Neil Cavuto on Fox News, I believe it was yesterday.Both he and Fox news note how ONLY Gibson has been raided, yet all major guitar companies buy many of the same woods from the same distributors and use it in their guitars. The difference? The CEO of Gibson is a repulican and has made donations to various republican candidates in the last few years. Contrast him with the CEO of any other guitar maker (who tend to be of a liberal leaning) and you get a totally different story. Now neither will say they think that's what's happening, but no one can deny this coincidence.

Do I believe its a conspiracy to put conservatives out of business? No, not necessarily, but it does bring this story into an interesting light that deserves a mention and possibly a closer look."

said by cszollinger and taken from WGS.

Latest posts