• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Ozzy Era Sabbath - Looking for a recommendation

• Thread starter PaulHikeS2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Looking to add a Sabbath record to my vinyl collection. I already own Paranoid, Vol. 4 and a greatest hits compilation in digital format but am looking for a good start to finish album that will be mostly new to me. Any recommendations?
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and as DOD said Master of Reality. The first one is must have.
“What is this that stands before me?”

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
You can flip the coin and never be wrong on Ozzy era Sabbath albums ... and despite what @Sapient said, I wouldn't overlook Never Say Die, nor would I overlook Technical Ecstasy ... both are kick ass albums!

Never Say Die is one of my favorite Sabbath tunes:

Btw., I hadn't watched this video until tonight ... is Iommi playing a Les Paul? Sure looks like it!

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Nope , Volume 4 was the end of a era. If you listen to the drums on the first 5 recordings you will notice Bill is abusing them , after that not so much.
I like Sabbath and I saw them on never say die. Many good tunes after the first 4 but different. Imho
“Looking Back in History’s Books it Seems it’s Nothing New”
Bands start off heavy , record company’s want commercial success. Face in palm

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
You can flip the coin and never be wrong on Ozzy era Sabbath albums ... and despite what @Sapient said, I wouldn't overlook Never Say Die, nor would I overlook Technical Ecstasy ... both are kick ass albums!

Never Say Die is one of my favorite Sabbath tunes:

Poo, lol

Latest posts