Peavey invective 🤢

• Thread starter Dave47857
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave47857

Reaction score
I am at work right now. But I’m thinking when I get home of trying to put the boss Gt-1 in the effects loop of the invective I have a strong dislike for this amp. I didn’t think it out when I preordered it. But I was thinking of running the Gt-1 clean over the invective distortion channel and use the Gt-1 as an eq and time effects and see if it can be dialed in a better way. I feel like it can sound good I just need to figure out what it takes to tame it the way I want it to sound. What experience have you guys had with the Gt-1? Maybe put some chorus, delay or phaser in as well? Tell me what eq experience you have had with the Gt-1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I did a video for a retailer of the Invective first came out, and there were definitely a few unconventional tricks that I had to do in order to dial it in the way that I wanted. Once I got it though, I was pretty pleased with the results. What type of tones are you after and what's the Invective not doing that you wish it did? A 4 cable method approach with the GT-1 should definitely yield some pleasing results.

ampeq

Reaction score
I too would say use the 4 CM, dirt in front and time based stuff in the loop. With my HX Effects I can make most any amp sound pretty good. I even dialed amps to sound crappy and was able to bring them back to rocking. Mild reverb & some simple delay in the loop, and a combo of tube distortion, fuzz, and a clean boost in the front can do wonders.

Dave47857

Reaction score
I don’t think the Gt-1 does 4cm loop or in the front only. my real plan and desired outcome is to put the Gt-1 in the loop and use the amp distortion as intended. In the Gt-1 write a clean patch and sculpt the eq to make the invective sound better reassign the the buttons so it is chorus delay and either some form of a boost or a phaser in the 3rd channel. I will also use the gate in the Gt-1 the invective mh does sound a lot better if you don’t use the onboard boost tight or gate. If I need to I have a Sd-1 or a badass I can put in front to boost the front end. I don’t know if I am expecting too much from these two pieces or if I am not operating within the lines with the equipment??

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What experience have you guys had with the Gt-1? Maybe put some chorus, delay or phaser in as well? Tell me what eq experience you have had with the Gt-1?
I don't have that amp or a GT-1, but I've used Boss multi-effects boards like the ME-80 or GT-8 as loop only for EQ and TBE on a few amps.
EQ, chorus and reverb are my go-to loop effects, but try what you like and see if it helps.

Just run the loop send to the GT-1 input and the mono output to the loop return.
Like you said, a dirt pedal of choice out front can be all you need for more or different front-end boost.
Worth a try. :shrug:

ampeq

Reaction score
The GT-1 does not have a way to do the 4cm so your plan is about your only option. I am surprised that amp doesn’t work for you, I thought they were pretty flexible. Although I have never played them. I hate to say it but it might be time to start looking at a different amp. Either a high gain amp you really like or a good clean pedal platform in which to run amp models with. If you have to use a ton of stuff to get a good sound it might be the wrong amp for your needs. I hope you can make it work.

Dave47857

Reaction score
The GT-1 does not have a way to do the 4cm so your plan is about your only option. I am surprised that amp doesn’t work for you, I thought they were pretty flexible. Although I have never played them. I hate to say it but it might be time to start looking at a different amp. Either a high gain amp you really like or a good clean pedal platform in which to run amp models with. If you have to use a ton of stuff to get a good sound it might be the wrong amp for your needs. I hope you can make it work.
When I preordered it I was led to believe it was high gain 5150esk amp head and peaveys update for the 6505. It’s a one trick pony is my issue and the eq is difficult to to drag tones out of I was really hoping to get a couple of good patches to eq it a couple different ways. It is also very mid heavy. I really want to get a couple patches going like a carcass sound that I can assist with an angry Charlie and I have a badass on it now and I have been working on a rectifier like tone and a solid 6505. As for the new amp head I got on this forum and I was given a full sales pitch on a jvm I went to a forum that sounds like it could be a surfing forum and got a sales pitch there too and I bought probably the most versatile high gain amp I have ever owned even though it is much harder to dial in than a Marshall

Last edited: