Peavey VK20MH FX issue

• Thread starter Pat6969
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat6969

Reaction score
So far I'm loving the tones I get with this little head, im just running into an issue with the loop. Running from effects send>Empress Nebulus>reverb>TC Flashback X4>return. When I engage the Nebulus I get a slight distortion on the clean channel. If I plug the same setup into my JVM410HJS, it's good, crystal clean.

Any ideas? Can't imagine it has a +4 loop level but maybe?

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
So far I'm loving the tones I get with this little head, im just running into an issue with the loop. Running from effects send>Empress Nebulus>reverb>TC Flashback X4>return. When I engage the Nebulus I get a slight distortion on the clean channel. If I plug the same setup into my JVM410HJS, it's good, crystal clean.

Any ideas? Can't imagine it has a +4 loop level but maybe?

The first pedal in the loop should have a input level volume control.
The last pedal in the loop should have an output level volume control.

All this means is that the SEND level in the effects loop is overloading the input of the first pedal...
OR that the output of the last pedal is overloading the effects return...

That's why you need pedals with level controls (above).

Professional pedals have the controls or adjustments built in. Professional pedals cost way more $$$.

Pat6969

Reaction score
The first pedal in the loop should have a input level volume control.
The last pedal in the loop should have an output level volume control.

All this means is that the SEND level in the effects loop is overloading the input of the first pedal...
OR that the output of the last pedal is overloading the effects return...

That's why you need pedals with level controls (above).

Professional pedals have the controls or adjustments built in. Professional pedals cost way more $$$.

Thanks. Turns out the Empress has an internal adjustable headroom switch. I set it to -12db and it's clean as a whistle.