pedal voltage questions. batteries, sag, PSU's

• Thread starter impetus maximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

impetus maximus

Reaction score
i'm considering a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 plus as i see more pedals in my future.
NIctq.jpg

any pedals that work better on batteries vs a power supply?

i own a Turbo Tuner ST-200, boss GE-7 EQ, DOD Classic Fuzz 10v :confused:
also own a Crybaby wah, and want a Way Huge Swollen Pickle Fuzz.
those are the two pedals i would think might benefit from the sag.
others i want are...
MXR M288 Bass Octave Deluxe
TC hall of fame
MXR 74 Vintage Phase 90
maybe a MXR Flanger

looked into a 2hr NiMH charger/batteries (8.4V, 9.6) but the cost would be about the same as a PP2+

thanks for reading :wave:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
sitting on a surfin' board, when given a choice
Go to their website and email them at tech. They'll answer all your questions, usually within a day or so.
I never use the sag on mine, but I would think it would be perfect for a fuzz or an OD, as long as the pedal is analog. Check with them to be sure. The manual is available online. Maybe check that out first.

thetragichero

Reaction score
gotta make sure you don't use negative ground (most pedals) and positive ground (generally germanium fuzz faces) on the same power supply

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Even with those, there's reverse polarity cables available for about $3. You can also get the 18v adapter cord, connect it to the Sag outlets and dial in some fairly specific higher voltages. I asked them specifically about that, and they said it was fine.
Cool power source.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Even with those, there's reverse polarity cables available for about $3. You can also get the 18v adapter cord, connect it to the Sag outlets and dial in some fairly specific higher voltages. I asked them specifically about that, and they said it was fine.
Cool power source.

impetus maximus

Reaction score
gotta make sure you don't use negative ground (most pedals) and positive ground (generally germanium fuzz faces) on the same power supply

well it was my understanding that all the outputs are isolated i.e. separate supplies.
i'm going to check polarity/voltage of any pedals i connect. :cheers: